- This Store in Warangal City marks Walmart India’s 4th Cash & Carry Store in Telangana State and 27th in India
- Creates at least 2,000 direct and indirect job opportunities
- Boosts opportunities for farmers, local and regional suppliers while giving members such as kiranas/resellers, hotels, restaurants, caterers, offices, institutions and small businesses access to a wide assortment of quality merchandise at competitive prices, under one roof
- Members have many options to shop – they can walk into the store, through mobile app, by placing orders on B2B e-commerce platform www.bestprice.in, through Business Development Associates and by calling customer care at 1800 3010 1911.
- By prioritizing waste and water management, delivering energy efficiency via solar power and aiming to eliminate single use plastic, the Best Price Store in Warangal would be running operations sustainably
Walmart India, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Walmart Inc., today announced the opening of its first ‘Best Price’ Modern Wholesale Store in the city of Warangal in the State of Telangana, making it the company’s 4th Store in the State of Telangana and 27th in India. The company operates `Best Price’ Cash & Carry Stores in Hyderabad, Karimnagar and Nizamabad and has a Fulfillment Centre in Hyderabad.
With the objective of enabling businesses to prosper, the store in Warangal will cater to the business needs of underserved small businesses such as kiranas/resellers, offices & institutions (O&I) and hotels, restaurants and caterers (HORECA) in Warangal City and neighboring areas. Walmart India will offer them unique propositions of a wide range of quality merchandise & local assortment at ‘Every Day Low Prices’, unique & multiple shopping options, door-step delivery and convenient payment solutions.
Reiterating commitment to the State of Telangana, KrishIyer, President & CEO, Walmart India said,“We are very excited today as we open our ‘Best Price Modern Wholesale Store’ in the City of Warangal. This is the fourth Store we are opening in the State, which reinforces our belief in the ease of doing business here under the leadership of Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri K. Chandrashekar Rao.
Telangana is a priority growth region for us. Strengthening our presence here gives us the opportunity to contribute to the economy and set new benchmarks in the cash and carry business. The State will remain an important sourcing destination for us as we source directly from farmers, develop many small and medium agri-commodity suppliers and for our Private Brands. We source fresh vegetables from clusters in and around our stores and are proud to share that red whole chilli from Warangal is supplied to all our stores in the states of Maharashtra & Andhra Pradesh. I am also happy that we are simultaneously extending the B2B e-commerce platform to our members here which will make it convenient for our members, especially kiranas, to shop without stepping out of their stores.
Meanwhile, we will continue to create shared value by generating 2,000 direct and indirect jobs in the local community; enabling kiranas& small resellers prosper by offering them relevant merchandise at Every Day Low Price, providing door-step delivery, convenient payment solutions and holistic advice on modern ways of retailing; helping hotels, restaurants and caterers succeed by offering them quality products at great prices; developing regional suppliers & MSMEs as compliant suppliers through our Responsible Sourcing program; Imparting training & knowledge to smallholder farmers in sustainable agriculture practices to improve yield & productivity while directly sourcing from them, thereby helping them double their income; skill development and capacity building programs through Women Entrepreneurship Development Program; promoting growth of digital economy by encouraging members to adopt digital payments such as PhonePe etc.; contributing to environment by building sustainable operations through Solar Power generation in the stores, use of LED and other energy saving technologies, electric vehicles, waste management, rain water harvesting and by doing all of the above with focus on 100% compliance with laws and regulations of the country.”
The `Best Store’ here is integrated with sustainable solutions such as renewable energy, water harvesting and recycling, waste management and aims to eliminate the use of single use plastic.
Beyond business, Walmart Foundation has provided a grant to the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) to strengthen agricultural production systems in rural and peri-urban locations in Telangana, touching 30,000 farmers over a period of 2 years.
About Walmart India:
Wal-Mart India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Walmart Inc., the world’s leading retailer renowned for its efficiency and expertise in logistics, supply chain management and sourcing. Walmart India owns and operates 26 Best Price Modern Wholesale stores in 9 States across India and has integrated omni-channel in all stores. It has opened 2 Fulfillment Centres in India. The mission of Best Price is “Enabling businesses to prosper…every single member”. To enter and purchase from Best Price Stores, it is mandatory to become a member. Members can belong to different business categories such as Resellers (‘Kirana Stores’); Offices and Institutions (O&I); and Hotels, Restaurants and Caterers (HoReCa). The assortment, service and store layout are customized to the specific needs of members who can walk into a Best Price stores and source high quality products in quantities they need and at the time they require. More about the company at www.wal-martindia.in and follow on twitter @walmartindia.
- Finance & EconomyFebruary 21, 2024North East Trade & Investment Roadshow in Kolkata: Embarking on a New Era of Progress and Prosperity for the Northeast
- News & InsightsFebruary 21, 2024Tamil Nadu Budget Boosts Textile Industry with New Parks and Subsidies
- News & InsightsFebruary 21, 2024Gujarat’s Textile Projects Worth Rs 1,000 Crore Await New Policy
- Finance & EconomyFebruary 21, 2024CareEdge Economic Meter – February 2024