Kimberly-Clark Scott® Sanitizing Wipes Selected as World of Wipes Innovation Award® Winner
Industry professionals from 33 global companies delivered presentations and answered questions in sessions that included Wipes and the Growing Plastics Debate, Regulatory Requirements for Disinfecting and Sanitizing Wipes, Trends in the Wipes Markets and Among Consumers, Wet Wipe Preservative Innovations, Covid-19 Impacts on Wipes Consumption and Cleaning Habits, Sustainable Wipes Packaging and Dispensing, Nonwoven Substrates for More Sustainable Wipes, and Flushable Wipes: Loved by Consumers, Wrongly Accused by Utilities.
Highlights included the announcement of Kimberly-Clark Scott® 24-Hour Sanitizing Wipes as the winner of this year’s World of Wipes Innovation Award®. The annual award recognizes the product that most expands the use of nonwovens and demonstrates creativity, novelty, uniqueness, and technical sophistication within the entire nonwovens wipes value chain.
The event schedule provided 11 hours of organized networking, an industry welcome reception, breakfasts, coffee breaks and two evening receptions featuring 55 tabletop display exhibits.
Other presentation highlights included:
- Recent Developments Under the EU Green Deal and Plastics Strategy – Pandemic Update – Gyongyi David, Attorney at Law, V V G B Advocaten-Avocats, Director- EHS Regulatory, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- FDA & EPA Framework of Regulations: Dry Wipes Claims – Tony Herber, Principal Regulatory Consultant/Assistant Federal Team Manager, Scientific & Regulatory Consultants, Inc. (SRC. Inc.)
- Consumer Wipes Usage During Covid-19 and Future Use – Chris Dresselhuys, Business Director-North American Retail Wipes, Rockline Industries
- Sustainable Solutions for Wipes – Vishal Bansai, Vice President, Innovation, and Silke Brand-Kirsch, VP, Marketing and Business Development,Glatfelter Gernsbach GmbH
- Sustainability Impacts Across the Value Chain of Wipes Packaging – Vicky Chang, Marketing Manager, Consumer & Industrial Products, Amcor Flexibles
Unveiling Wet Wipes Preservation: New Findings on Microbial Risks and Preservative Solution – Paul Salama, Ph.D., CTO& Head of Innovation,Sharon Laboratories
The event also featured a unique 1.5-day WIPES Academy training course for professionals desiring to learn more about the wipes market and manufacturing processes. The WIPES Academy is the only comprehensive wipes training for the entire wipes supply chain and was led by Chris Plotz, INDA’s Director of Education & Technical Affairs.
- Articles2021.12.07Top 8 Fashion Trends For Women In 2021
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.07Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 7th December, 2021
- Events Updates2021.12.07Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition returns in March 2022
- Home Textiles2021.12.07From sustainability to minimalism: Major Home Textile Trends To Look For In 2022