This term RFT means ‘right first time’ is often used in the wet processing factories. RFT actually defines the flawless processing of fabric at the first time. Every dye-house has an RFT% target to be achieved. Doing things right first time especially when it is fabric or yarn dyeing is not that easy because there are lots of things at the back end that has to be done rightly. So, the RFT is not just a concept, it is a process that needs to be developed by practicing daily and it is kind of a commitment from the organization.
Benefits and objectives of RFT
Modern dye-houses always focus on achieving satisfactory RFT%. Certainly, there are some objectives and benefits of RFT dyeing and these are-
- Reduce excessive chemical cost
- Increase the loading capacity
- Save the time which is directly convertible to money
- Increase productivity hence the profit
- Sometimes re-dyeing process damages the fabric, by RFT dyeing fabric damage can be terminated
- Shorten the lead time
- Reduce the business risk and gain the vendor’s faith etc.
Phenomenon to achieve good RFT%
Before dyeing process, there are many norms and issues at the back end that are directly related to achieving good RFT%.
- Chemical management system (CMS): Chemicals are the vital part for right first time dyeing. Shade mismatch occurs mostly for dyes and chemicals. Non-tested chemicals, error dispensing system, strength variation of dyes, not following MRSL, wrong chemical selection etc. occurs shade variation. If a dye-house follows the MRSL then many difficulties can be avoided. The core objective of the MRSL is to avoid and control the substances that are used in the textile production processes to the final product. Now, ZDHC Foundation is helping the factories to establish proper chemical management.
- Standard operating procedure (SOP): Standardizing all the processes before dyeing, during dyeing and after dyeing should be done first to achieve the expected RFT%. Standardization is must to bring non-standard conditions within the standardization tolerance limits. Actually, there should be SOP for every action in a dye-house like lab to bulk, bulk to bulk, how to dose the color, cutting a sample from the running machine etc.
- Modern laboratory: A major factor to contribute in the successful implementation of RFT dyeing is a well-organized and equipped modern laboratory with appropriately trained laboratory staffs. Evaluation of dye-staffs, database preparation for computer color matching, stock solution preparation and many other core staffs that should be perfect for RFT dyeing.
- Skilled workforce: Behind every success, there is human involvement. Wrong shade passing, not following M:L ratio, lack of knowledge in shade matching, negligence attitude etc. leads to shade mismatch. So, a skilled and experienced workforce is a must to achieve the targeted RFT%.
- Updated machinery: Technology is power, of course when it is the right technology for the regarding process. Variation from machine to machine increases the risk of non RFT dyeing. If you expect an under-capacity, the machine will give you higher efficiency- it will be wrong thinking. So, the selection of machine and maintenance is a very important issue to achieve RFT dyeing.
- Six-sigma: Six Sigma DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) methodology is a tool for improving the fabric dyeing process. It is possible to increase more or less 5% RFT by implementing this method in a dye-house.
- Data bank: Information is power and wealth. Eventually, the data bank reduces the time of dyeing process because it helps to prepare the right recipe in first hand. Data bank also helps to continue the quality consistency of fabrics.
- Awareness & commitment: Operators needs awareness and management needs the commitment to achieve a decent percentage of RFT. And that’s why ownership transformation from management to operators is very much needed unfortunately which is missing in the industry.
- Articles2021.10.05The Benefits of Social Media Marketing For Small Businesses
- In-Depth Analysis2021.10.05Industrial Visit Report on Tisser India Pvt. Ltd.
- Articles2021.10.05stretchable fabrics tailored with carbon nanotube electrodes monitor the heart
- In-Depth Analysis2021.10.05Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 5th October, 2021