Government of India has been implementing various development projects/programmes/Schemes covering the Handloom, Powerloom, Technology Upgradation, Silk, Jute and various other textiles sectors all over the country including Sircilla, Karimnagar in Warangal district in Telangana. Brief details of these projects/schemes for providing assistance and other support in textile sector are given below:
- Handloom Sector: The Government provides financial assistance to the handloom agencies across the country, including Sircilla, Karimnagar and Warangal district of Telangana under the following schemes of this office:-
- National Handloom Development Programme (NHDP)
- Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)
- Handloom Weavers’ Comprehensive Welfare Scheme (HWCWS)
- Yarn Supply Scheme (YSS)
Under the above schemes, financial assistance is provided for raw materials, purchase of looms and accessories, design innovation, product diversification, infrastructure development, skill upgradation, lighting units, marketing of handloom products and loan at concessional rates.
Details of financial assistance provided to handloom agencies of Karimnagar and Warangal in the last four years for Block Level Cluster under NHDP are as under:-
|Name of district||Name of Block Level Cluster sanctioned||No. of weavers covered||Amount released (Rs. in lakh)|
Other initiatives undertaken in the State of Telangana in the last four years in Handloom Sector:
- 08 Block Level Clusters covering 2652 handloom weavers have been sanctioned and a sum of Rs. 2.72 crore has been released under NHDP (National Handloom Development Programme)
- 38 Marketing events have been sanctioned for promotion of sale of handloom products and financial assistance of Rs. 1.33 crore has been provided to the implementing agencies.
- In order to prevent imitation of handloom products, ‘Gadwal Saree’, ‘SiddipetGollabana’ and ‘Narayanpet Handloom Saree’ products of Telangana have been registered under GI (Geographical Indications) Act.
- In order to provide loan to the Handloom weavers on concessional rate of interest for expanding their business, 4669 MUDRA loans have been sanctioned involving loan amount of Rs. 21.53 crore.
- In order to provide benefit of insurance, 23383 handloom weavers have been covered under Mahatma Gandhi BunkarBimaYojana (MGBBY).
- In order to provide yarn to the Handloom weavers at subsidised rates 65.08 lakh kg of yarn worth Rs. 219.24 crore has been supplied to the weavers of Telangana at Mill Gate Price and 15.12 lakh kg of yarn worth Rs. 114.16 crore has been supplied under 10% Subsidy component of Yarn Supply Scheme.
- In order to enforce Handloom (Reservation of Articles for Products) Act, 1985, Rs. 72.91 lakhs has been released for setting up enforcement machinery in the state of Telangana. Inspections of powerloom units are conducted from time to time and precautionary measures are taken to prevent production of reserved handloom items on powerlooms.
- Powerloom Sector: PowerTex India-A comprehensive scheme for development of Powerloom sector has been launched w.e.f 01.04.2017 to 31.03.2020 with components like Insitu-upgradation of Plain Powerlooms, Group Work Shed Scheme, Yarn Bank Scheme, Common Facility Centre (CFC), Solar Energy Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Credit Scheme, etc. The progress of PowerTex India Scheme in the State of Telangana is at Annexure.The details of premium and benefits are as under:
Converged Insurance Scheme for Powerloom weavers/workers.
|Contribution||51 to 59 Years of age||18 to 50 Years of age|
|Insurance Coverage on||Schemes||Total Benefits|
|PMJJBY||PMSBY||PMJJBY + PMSBY||AABY|
|Natural Death||Rs.2,00,000||—||Rs.2,00,000||Rs.60,000 (Death due to any reason)|
- Silk Sector: Government of India has been implementing a Central Sector Scheme “Silk Samagra” for development of sericulture in the country with components such as Research & Development, Training, Transfer of Technology and I.T Initiatives, Support to seed organisations, coordination and market development and, Quality Certification Systems (QCS)/ Export Brand Promotion and Technology Upgradation. R&D efforts have also been initiated to evolve new products by blending silk with other fibres such as wool, coir, cotton etc., which have demand in international markets.
- An amount of Rs. 204.88 lakhs, 210.83 lakhs, 497.07 lakh has been released to Telangana during 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 respectively towards implementation of beneficiary oriented components of the above scheme.
- The details of the funds released under “Silk Samagra” to Warangal & Karimnagar districts of Telangana out of the funds released to the state are given below:
(Rs. In Lakhs)
- Jute Sector: Government has been assisting the jute artisans / SHGs / WSHGs in their market promotion efforts through Retail Outlet and Export Market Promotion Development Assistance (EMDA) schemes.
In Warangal (Telengana District), National Jute Board (NJB) during 2016-17 and 2017-18 nominated 2 Collaborating agencies who imparted trainings to 80 members of WSHGs on production of assorted jute Hand & shopping Bags.
- Amended Technology Up-gradation Fund Scheme (ATUFS): The amended Scheme was launched on pan India basis in January 2016 with an outlay of Rs 17822 Crores for technology upgradation of textiles industry with one time capital subsidy for eligible machinery.
- Scheme for Integrated Textile Park (SITP): This scheme is implemented in Public Private Partnership mode to attract private investments in developing new clusters of textiles manufacturing. Government of India provides financial assistance up to 40% of the project within a ceiling of Rs. 40 crores.
Further, under the Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan(SCSP), a separate budgetary provision under various textiles schemes has been made for betterment of Scheduled Caste workers of various Textile sectors all over the country including Sircilla, Karimnagar in Warangal district in Telangana. In this regard, the details of the budgetary allocation/expenditure under SCSP for the last four years are given below:
(Rs. In crore)
|Funds allocated||Exp.||Funds allocated||Exp.||Funds allocated||Exp.||Funds allocated||Exp.|
|Progress of PowerTex India Scheme in the State of Telangana for last three years ( Annexure)|
|S.No||GIS||In-situ||BSM||Exposure Visit||Seminar/ Workshop||Yarn Bank||Common Facility Center (CFC)|
|No. of workers enrolled||Rs. in crore||No. of looms upgraded||Rs. in crore||No. of meets conducted||Rs. in crore||No. of weavers benefitted||Rs. in crore||No. of programmes conducted||Rs. in crore||No. of projects approved||Rs. in crore||No. of projects approved||Rs. in crore|
|GIS- Group Insurance Scheme|
|BSM: Buyer Seller Meet|
This information was given by the Union Minister of Textiles, SmritiZubinIrani, in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.07.02TEXWORLD EVOLUTION PARIS
- COTTON PRICE2022.06.26COTTON EXPECTED TO MODERATE IN THE NEW SEASON
- News & Insights2022.06.15ITM 2022 EAGERLY AWAITED BY THE TEXTILE SECTOR HAS OPENED ITS DOORS WITH A RECORD NUMBER OF EXHIBITORS & VISITORS
- COTTON PRICE2022.06.15CURRENCY EXCHANGE