India has been traditionally focusing on Cotton textiles whereas the global mill fiber consumption is moving towards Manmade fiber (MMF). Recognizing the potential for growth and employment in the MMF sector, the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Textiles has been formulated with an approved outlay of Rs 10683 crore over a five year period, to promote the production of MMF Apparel, MMF Fabrics, and Products of Technical Textiles in the country. The objective is to enable the Textile sector to achieve size and scale and to become competitive. Increased availability of MMF and MMF yarn will contribute to the overall growth in the textile industry using mixed fiber/yarn.
The scheme guidelines are under formulation. Proposals shall be invited once the scheme guidelines are notified.
Investment by the Government in the handloom sector is through funding to the eligible handloom agencies/weavers etc. in the form of grants-in-aid for implementation of the following handloom schemes (Central Sector Schemes) for development, promotion and modernization of weaving and to increase production in the handloom sector and welfare of handloom weavers across the country: –
- National Handloom Development Programme (NHDP);
- Raw Material Supply Scheme(RMSS)
Under the above schemes, financial assistance is provided for raw materials, Common infrastructure development, marketing of handloom products in domestic/overseas markets, loans at concessional rates, etc.
To promote the marketing of handloom products, Handloom Export Promotion Council (HEPC) has been organizing International Fairs in virtual mode. During the year 2020-21, 12 handloom fairs were organized in virtual mode. Besides, domestic marketing events were also organized in different parts of the country for the weavers to market and sell their products.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Textiles Smt. DarshanaJardoshin a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
- Fibres and Yarns2023.03.25Added To The Denim Bargain Is Haelixa
- Event Calendar2023.03.25Women in Textiles Conference by Advanced Textiles Association (ATA) Continues To Expand, Inspire, and Empower
- News & Insights2023.03.25Trevor Kennison of “Sit Ski Boss” joins the roster of athletes at Darn Tough VT.
- Environment/Ecosystem2023.03.25Statement From The Plastics Industry Association On The Biden Administration’s