LONDON, 12 JANUARY 2021: Fashion production software company, SupplyCompass, announces its next webinar on 27 January at 16:30 GMT, delving into ‘How 3D will shape the future of the fashion industry’. The webinar will examine the potential for 3D technology to transform the current fashion industry and how 3D can become a more widely accessible tool that can be adopted by big and small fashion brands alike.
This webinar is a first of its kind in bringing together thought leaders in both the 3D technology and fashion spaces. Moderated by Flora Davidson, Co-Founder and Head of Product at SupplyCompass, the webinar’s panel includes Yazan Malkosh, Founder and CEO of Swatchbook, Greg Moore, CEO of WAIR and Avihay Feld, Co-founder and CEO of Browzwear. Together, SupplyCompass and the three heads of these pioneering 3D fashion companies will cover an interactive deep-dive into everything 3D.
During the webinar, the speakers will explore the innovations and experiences that will pave the way forward for fashion and retail, including the future of 3D in fashion supply chains. Discussions will also assess the power and value of the entire 3D ecosystem, including current developments, challenges and opportunities, and end by looking at how 3D can be successfully adopted by fashion SMEs.
Flora Davidson, Co-Founder and Head of Product of SupplyCompass, says: “I am really looking forward to discussing the topic of 3D and the future of fashion with Swatchbook, WAIR and Browzwear. The world of 3D is fast enveloping the global fashion industry with cutting-edge, immersive customer experiences as well the tools for designers and product developers to entirely rethink the visualisation and making process of the garments we wear.
“As we head into 2021 – what may prove to be a landmark year for fashion – we’re looking forward to uncovering 3D’s potential to transform the current fashion system, which in many parts is inefficient and still dominated by legacy tools. If collectively adopted, 3D technology can transition the industry to one that is more nimble, resilient and future-facing in its systems. However, we recognise there are challenges and hurdles for brands in both learning and successfully adopting the technology, so our aim with this webinar is to explore how these challenges can be potentially overcome using 3D and how the technology can be made more accessible for brands of all sizes.”
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
1. Flora Davidson, Co-Founder of SupplyCompass (supplycompass.com): Flora is Co-Founder and Head of Product of SupplyCompass, a production platform for fashion brands and manufacturers. Together with Co-Founder Gus Bartholomew, Flora spent two formative years living in Mumbai at the start of SupplyCompass, visiting hundreds of factories and suppliers across the country. She remains passionate about harnessing the power of technology to encourage better collaboration, drive efficiency and make sustainable production accessible to fashion brands and supply chains across the globe.
2. Yazan Malkosh, Founder and CEO of Swatchbook (switchbook.us): With over two decades in 3D production and digital product visualisation, Yazan has transformed the design process for various companies such as Adidas, Mercedes, Honda, Oakley, Nike, Tesla & Bose. He has been involved in creating new generation design tools that have been implemented with these various companies. Yazan also has dual Bachelor degrees covering microbiology and architectural design engineering.
3. Greg Moore, CEO of WAIR (getwair.com): Greg is the CEO and co-founder of WAIR and Fit3D. Fit3D owns the world’s largest and fastest growing network of 3D body scanners, which have been used to capture millions of 3D body scans. WAIR, an ecommerce size and fit recommendation solution utilises the anonymised Fit3D data to develop the most accurate body shape prediction algorithms. Prior to WAIR and Fit3D, Greg was on the inventing team behind MLB’s pitch and hit ball tracking technology, where he won an Emmy Award. Greg sits on multiple corporate boards and serves as a mentor for several global start-ups.
4. Avihay Feld, Co-founder and CEO of Browzwear (browzwear.com): Avihay is responsible for the vision and delivery of Browzwear’s products. He has over 20 years’ experience in managing tech products, and in addition to Browzwear, leads startups in e-retail and gaming.
To join SupplyCompass for this insightful conversation on 27 January at 16:30 GMT, visit the ‘How 3D will shape the future of the fashion industry’ webinar page.
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.16Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 16th December, 2021
- Industry And Cluster2021.12.16CITI Elects New Office-Bearers for the year 2021-22
- News & Insights2021.12.16Global Smart Textiles Market Estimated to be Valued at US$ 6.6 Billion by 2026 | MarketsandMarkets™ Study
- Articles2021.12.16Can Waste Wool Replace Bubble Wrap?