Reinach, Switzerland, 23 July 2020 – As part of its active engagement in the fight against COVID-19, Archroma, a global leader in color and specialty chemicals towards sustainable solutions, today announced a collaboration with Soorty for the development of the Pakistan-based denim manufacturer’s new collection combining eco-advanced colors with hygiene & protection technologies.
The collection will include some of the most advanced of Archroma’s technologies, innovations and systems for coloration, hygiene & protection:
- An aniline-free* indigo system, Pure Indigo Flow, based on the new Denisol® Pure Indigo developed by Archroma to preserve the health of denim workers and aquatic life;
- A water-saving dyeing technology, ADVANCED DENIM, based on innovative dyeing processes used with sulfur-based Diresul® RDT blue specialties;
- An antibacterial treatment based on Sanitized® technology and designed to keep the garment odor-free, fresh and germ-free.
Such technologies were developed and selected by Archroma for their compliance with “The Archroma Way: safe, efficient, enhanced, it’s our nature”. The approach finds its origin in Archroma’s deep belief that it is possible to make the textile industry sustainable.
The denim collection will be introduced by Soorty under the brand SmartCare+ and will include denim fabric, garments and, coming soon, masks.
The articles will be introduced shortly to major denim brands and retailers, to be made available to consumers around the globe in the coming weeks.
“With the COVID-19 crisis impacting our communities in Pakistan and around the globe, we at Soorty feel that we need to explore every possibility not only to create beautiful and fashionable denim, as we do, but also to help protect our customers and the consumers”, adds Asad Soorty (Executive Director) at Soorty. “Archroma presented us with exactly what we were looking for, an entire system of ingredients and processes aiming to create durable and wearable protection for clothing that are comfortable to wear and gorgeous to look at.”
“Archroma is actively supporting manufacturers such as Soorty who are interested in exploring antimicrobial and barrier products in everyday articles and fashion products,” comments Mujtaba Rahim, CEO of Archroma Pakistan. “Yet, Soorty takes the challenge one step beyond by associating such hygiene & protection effects with coloration technologies that have a much lower impact on our planet’s water reserves. Doing so, they tremendously help us in our ambition to help create authentic and innovative denim with a soul, because it’s our nature!”
* Below limits of detection according to industry standard test methods
® Trademarks of Archroma and SANITIZED AG registered in many countries.
© 2020 Archroma
- Articles2023.03.29LGT Venture Philanthropy Partners with Quest Alliance to Make Youth in India 21st Century Ready
- Articles2023.03.29KlarifyLife, an HDFC Life Initiative, Launches ‘Term Guide’
- Finance & Economy2023.03.18Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Smart Account
- Events Updates2023.02.27ABWA Students Showcase Their Artistic Talent And Dedication To Community Service Through Successful Fundraising Events