Office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) implements various schemes for promotion and development of handicraft sectors and artisans through “National Handicraft Development Programme (NHDP)” and Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) to emphasize integrated approach for development of handicraft in a holistic manner and provide sustainable livelihood opportunities to the artisans. In addition, artisans also can connect and help each other in the various programmes of DC (Handicrafts) as common platform.
The NHDP has following components:
- Base Line Survey & Mobilization of Artisans under AmbedkarHastshilpVikasYojana,
- Design & Technology Up gradation,
- Human Resource Development,
- Direct Benefit to Artisans,
- Infrastructure and Technology Support,
- Research and Development,
- Marketing Support & Services.
The CHCDS has following components:
- Mega Cluster.
- Special projects under Integrated Development and Promotion of Handicraft (IDPH).
The details of the assistance extended to support and promote handicraft artisans is annexed at Annexure-I. Rs. 32.71 lacs have been sanctioned for capacity building in the district Darjeeling, Kalimpong and North Dinajpur and 319.08 lacs has also been sanctioned for providing marketing support to handicraft artisans from the state of West Bengal including the artisans from the said districts under NHDP schemes.
State- wise Assistance extended under NHDP & CHCDS schemes from 2015-16 to June 30, 2021
(Rs. In Lakhs)
|1||A & N Islands||279.91||–||279.91|
|8||Daman and Diu||8.5||–||8.5|
|14||Jammu and Kashmir||1405.42||3114.83||4520.25|
- Events Updates2021.12.06SDC EC EVENT Report Friday 26th November, 2021
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.06Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 6th December, 2021
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2021.12.06UNIQLO JW Anderson 2021 Fall/Winter Collection
- Home Textiles2021.12.06HGH India culminated its 10th edition today at Greater Noida, India Expo Centre