Roof Reinforcement Textiles: Introduction
- Textiles are used in the construction industry, as they possess characteristics such as strength, resilience, lightness, resistance to chemicals, and resistance to pollutants in the air. Roof reinforcement textiles are used in roofs of various buildings, as they offer strength to different structures. The usage of roof reinforcement textiles has led to an improvement in the quality of construction. These textiles are used in the construction of buildings, dams, and tunnels.
- Roof reinforcement textiles possess mechanical properties such as lightness, strength, and resilience; and offer resistance to creep; degradation by chemicals, pollutants in the air or rain, and other construction materials; and the effect of sunlight and acids. Roof reinforcement textiles play an important role in the modernization of infrastructure. High energy efficiency and long component life are key features of modern buildings that achieve cost effectiveness. Roof reinforcement textiles are highly versatile and extremely well-processed.
Key Drivers of Global Roof Reinforcement Textiles Market
- The roof reinforcement textiles market is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Expansion of the building & construction sector is anticipated to drive the demand for roof reinforcement textiles.
- Rise in urbanization is driving the global roof reinforcement textiles market. Steady migration from rural areas in underdeveloped countries is likely to lead to the formation of growing urban centers in several countries.
- High volume of emigration is projected to ensure steady demand for new housing, leading to steady demand for roof reinforcement textiles. Widespread adoption of eco-friendly roofing systems could help establish an economy of scale, which would help market players distribute innovative materials in developing regions at affordable costs. High costs of advanced roof reinforcement textiles is one of the most prominent factors restraining the global roof reinforcement textiles market.
Non-residential Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the non-residential segment accounted for major share of the roof reinforcement textiles market. Demand for roof reinforcement textiles is rising, due to increase in the number of non-residential construction activities across the world. The use of roof reinforcement textiles in non-residential construction such as warehouses and power plants is increasing continuously, as roofing helps avoid harmful effects of rain, snow, moisture, and heat that could damage the equipment or production process in a particular installation.
- Roofing also helps maintain thermal insulation properties of the building. These factors are driving the non-residential application segment of the global roof reinforcement textiles market
Availability of Various Substitutes to Hamper Global Market
- Availability of various substitutes such as asphalt, tar, rubber, clay, and composite materials for roofing systems, is expected to hamper the roof reinforcement textiles market in the near future. These substitutes offer thermal insulation.
Covid-19 Impact on Roof Reinforcement Textiles Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an interruption in various manufacturing facilities, disruption of the supply chain, and reduced demand for products from construction and other industries. Therefore, demand for roof reinforcement textiles is anticipated to decline in several end-use industries in 2021.
- Demand for roof reinforcement textiles has been declining across the globe owing to reduced manufacturing output and delay in construction expansion projects across the globe owing to the COVID-19 pandemic
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Roof Reinforcement Textiles Market
- In terms of region, the global roof reinforcement textiles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the major region of the global roof reinforcement textiles market. Increase in repair and remodeling work, and construction of new residential and commercial buildings have augmented the demand for roof reinforcement textiles in the region.
- North America is anticipated to hold a notable share for the global roof reinforcement textiles market during the forecast period. Acceptance of roof reinforcement textiles for usage in eco-friendly roofing systems and expansion of the construction sector are projected to propel the demand for roof reinforcement textiles in North America.
Key Players Operating in the Market
The global roof reinforcement textiles market is fragmented with several small domestic players operating at country or regional level. Key players operating in the global roof reinforcement textiles market include:
- Henry Company Delcotex
- JAMES DEWHURST LTD
- Milliken Textiles
- SURECOAT SYSTEMS
- Articles2021.12.07Top 8 Fashion Trends For Women In 2021
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.07Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 7th December, 2021
- Events Updates2021.12.07Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition returns in March 2022
- Home Textiles2021.12.07From sustainability to minimalism: Major Home Textile Trends To Look For In 2022