Recruitment Trends in Spinning Industry
Indian Textile Industry contributes about 11 percent to industrial production, 14 per cent to the manufacturing sector, 4 percent to the GDP and 12 per cent to the country’s total export earnings. It provides direct employment to over 35 million people, the second largest provider of employment after agriculture. Besides, another 54.85 million people are engaged in its allied activities. Knowing the above fact still recruitment in Textile Industry is really challenging as the textile industry is made up different functions right from procurement of raw material to manufacturing of finished goods.
Now let us focus on textile spinning industry which one of the most complicated and highly technical function of the textile industry. As there are various different kind of spinning available. Few of them are:
- Break Spinning
- Rotor Spinning
- Friction Spinning
- Air-jet Spinning
- Centrifugal Spinning
- Dispersion Spinning
- Dry Spinning (man-made fiber production)
- Flash Spinning
- Flyer Spinning
- Melt Spinning (man-made fiber production)
- Reaction Spinning (man-made-fiber production)
- Ring Spinning
- Wet Spinning (man-made-fiber production)
Every type of spinning is used for specific type of manufacture of textile finished good which may be used by the business people or directly used by the consumer. There are no person who can be expertise in all types of spinning as each spinning is technically different from each other. There are many textile mills in India but each mills have different needs as per their expertise and what their focus product what market they want to carter to. It
Why India has Advantage
The Indian economy has primarily been an agriculture-driven economy. The vast stretches of land, resources and climatic conditions aid the production of varied raw materials for different industrial purposes. Historically, India has been known for its high-quality cotton, jute and other natural fibre. Over the years, however, the domestic industry has progressed and diversified into many types of fibre and yarn, both natural and man-made. The textile industry in India includes almost all types of textile fibres – natural fibres such as cotton, jute, silk and wool; synthetic / man-made fibres such as polyester, viscose, nylon, acrylic and polypropylene (PP) and multiple blends of such fibres and filament yarns such as partiallyoriented yarn (POY). The type of yarn used is dictated by the end product that is manufactured.
As there are many type spinning method are available hence as mentioned earlier that it is impossible for a person to be an expertise in all kind of spinning methods. Hence availability getting right professional for spinning mill is very scarce. The most commonly used are Airjet , Ring frame and Jacquard looms. Hence mostly in recruitment Industry we easy to find experts for technology which commonly used but it becomes challenge for other types of spinning mills which use different technology spinning for manufactures of different textile products such as machine woven carpets.
Right Spinning Professional
To identify right spinning professional one must look at various aspects such as what technical qualification the person possess. It is also necessary to check which technical experience the person has. If the person is fresher then training is required to develop the skills of the person which takes around minimum of 5 years be an expert of particular spinning technology. If a professional is having around 10 year of experience then it is most likely he may be expert in two technology of spinning. More than 3 technology of spinning expert it is very rare to find one professional. Most common question are asked while selecting an right spinning experts
- How do you control raw material waste in the department
- How do you meet the target efficiency of the machine and production
- What loom efficiency you achieved as per your past experience
- How do you control the loss production
- What is path definition
- What do know about weave structure, and how it is been selected.
- What is the function of a jacquard and how it works
- What are the type of jacquard you know
- How to calculate production from loom reading
- How you can run a loom efficiently
- What is weaver efficiency
Identifying a right spinning professional is highly technical and hence it necessary for any person from recruitment industry or an HR professional needs to understand the requirement very well and should be aware of basic technical terms used in Spinning industry. As the recruiter has to be very careful while selecting the right professional for right type of spinning Industry. A recruiter may or may not able to evaluate the professional technical skills. Hence and outside consultant who is an expert is always required for evaluation spinning professionals.
- Fibres and Yarns2023.06.06Polyester, “fibre to fibre” recycling: it can be done!
- News & Insights2023.06.06ARBIOM led consortium is awarded a €14 million funding for SYLPLANT project to support its industrial deployment in France
- Fibres and Yarns2023.06.06Sourcery taps Rui Fontoura as Global Brand Engagement Director
- COTTON PRICE2023.06.06U.S. FUTURES DAILY COTTON MARKET – 5TH JUNE 2023