- SOME RELEVENT END USES
- INDIAN SCENARIO
- ESTIMATE OF INDIAN MARKET SIZE
- CROP COVERS
- TURF PROTECTION PRODUCTS
- NURSERY OVERWINTERING
- GREEN HOUSES
- WEED CONTROL
- ROOT CONTROL
- CAPILLARY MATTING
- Protection of crops against severe sunlight in hot conditions
- Maintaining moisture under the cover
- Physically prevent the crop from insects, pests and birds
- Protect the plant from severe frost in cold climates
- Protect the plant from hail storms
RESULTS OF USING NONWOVENS
- Faster early and late spring vegetation
- Increase the yield of fruits, vegetable and flowers
- Reduce or minimize use of Pesticides
- Enable growth of crops even in unfavorable weather conditions
- Reduce fertilizer consumption
- Production of vegetable crops.
- Production of off-seasonal flowers, vegetables.
- Production of Roses, Carnation, cut-flowers etc.
- Plant propagation, raising of seedlings.
- Primary and secondary hardening nursery of Tissue cultured plant.
- Growth / Production of rare plants, orchids / herbs, medicinal plants
TYPICAL CONSUMPTION OF FABRICS IN AGRICULTURE
- DRA ESTIMATE TOTAL WORLD CONSUMPTION- 538,000 TONS IN 2005
- CHINA- 70,000 TONS TOTAL INCULDING 30,000 TONS NONWOVENS
- USA -17,000TONS AS PER INDA REPORT
- THAILAND- 27,576 TONS- PUBLISHED DATA
MARKET POTENTIAL IN HORTICULTURE END USES
POTENTIAL IN VEGETABLE CROP END USES
- INCLUDING ALL STATES AND ALL CROPS AT PENETRATION LEVELS OF 2 TO 5%
- THE TOTAL POTENTIAL IS 35,475 TONS OF 17 GSM SPUNBOND NONWOVENS
- INDIA IS THE THIRD LARGEST VEGETABLE PRODUCER IN THE WORLD
- NEARLY 60,000 HECTARES IS UNDER USE IN INDIA
- A FAST GROWING MARKET FOR NONWOVENS
- HIGH VALUE PRODUCT CAN EASILY JUSTIFY INCREASED INITIAL INVESTMENT COST
GROUNDWORK REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE THE POTENTIAL
- Practical trials and report results under Indian conditions
- Education to farmers on efficacy of such products
- Effective distribution set up with existing marketing agencies in rural areas
- Manufacture and availability of adequate Spunbond in India
- Suitable rural agencies for creation of simple structures for fixing the fabrics.
- Effective financing pattern and incentives from the Government to induce the farmers to use first time
1.The potential HIGH in Agricultural nonwovens
- Horticulture, Vegetable cultivation and Floriculture are important areas with high potential
3.Governmental thrust and initiative in terms of incentives is required to accelerate the use of such products for the benefit of the farmers in India. Example: Micro Irrigation incentives have helped
4.The total potential of nearly 50,000 tons at low penetration levels indicate the success for any venture in India meeting the requirements of this market.
- Additional applications like root control, capillary mats etc will follow when the material is available at competitive price locally.
- Corporate Update2022.11.26New Homegrown Sustainability Initiative from NanoTextile
- Global Textiles2022.11.26By 2027, the market for bio-based coatings will be worth $18.2 billion, growing at a CAGR of 9.5%.
- Articles2022.11.26Sustainability and Solar …
- Articles2022.11.26Textile Reinforced Concrete Composite Material & Pultrusion Products for Modular Houses