The Government of India has introduced following measures:
International Fairs were organised by different Export Councils in virtual mode as per details below:
|Export Council||No. of Events|
|Handloom Export Promotion Council (HEPC)||07|
|Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) and Carpet Export Promotion council (CEPC)||09|
Both HEPC and EPCH participated in the Bharat Parv Festival organised by Ministry of Tourism. Besides, 66 domestic marketing events have also been sanctioned for different parts of the country.
Social media campaigns #Vocal4handmade was launched on the 6th National Handloom Day and 9th November, 2020 by the Government, in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure people’s support for the weaving and artisan communities.
- 534 number of Chaupals were organized in various States to educate the weavers to avail benefits of various handloom schemes.
- To ensure higher returns on Weavers’ through pooling of resources, 117 Handloom and 46 Handicraft Producer companies have been formed in different States.
- To promote e-marketing of handloom products, 23 e-commerce entities have been engaged for on-line marketing of handloom products.
- Design Resource Centres (DRCs) have been set up in Weavers Service Centres (WSCs) of Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Bhubaneshwar and Guwahati with the help of NIFT.
- About 1.5 Lakh weavers and 30,000 artisans have been on-boarded on the on Government e-Market place (GeM) to enable them to sell their products directly to various Government Departments.
- Crafts Tourism villages have been sanctioned wherein craft promotion and tourism are being taken up simultaneously. As on date total 12 Crafts Villages have identified in both handicrafts and Handloom sector across the country.
The details of export of handlooms during last 2 years and current FY year is as below:
|Financial Year||INR in Cr.||USD in mn.|
|2020-21 (Upto November, 2020)||983.60||132.14|
The cumulative value of exports of handicrafts and handmade carpets during April- December 2020-21 stood at Rs. 25,213 crore (US$ 3379.73 million).
|S.No||Financial Year||Export (in Cr.)|
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.16Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 16th December, 2021
- Industry And Cluster2021.12.16CITI Elects New Office-Bearers for the year 2021-22
- News & Insights2021.12.16Global Smart Textiles Market Estimated to be Valued at US$ 6.6 Billion by 2026 | MarketsandMarkets™ Study
- Articles2021.12.16Can Waste Wool Replace Bubble Wrap?