The Office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) provides MUDRA loan and margin money to handicrafts artisans. The details of the loan amount /margin money provided to handicrafts artisans through banks are as under :-
- SHISHU Loan offering financial support of up to INR 50,000
- KISHOR Loan offering financial support of amount ranging between INR 50,000 and INR
- TARUN Loan offering financial support of amount ranging between INR 500,000 and
The office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) regularly organizes craft awareness programme in the craft clusters for awareness of the schemes implemented for the welfare of handicrafts artisans including Interest Subvention and Margin money as a welfare measure for handicrafts artisans under Direct Benefit to Artisans.
Office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) is implementing Direct benefit scheme to artisans as welfare measures under National Handicrafts Development Programme (NHDP) during 2018-19 and 2019-20. The following are the components of the welfare of handicrafts artisans:
I. Handicrafts artisans comprehensive welfare scheme wherein the handicrafts artisans is
issued the identity card under PAHCHAN initiatives, so that he/she may get the benefit of
all the schemes of Govt. of India.
II. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana/Pradhan Mantri Surkashi Bima Yojana and
Modified Aam admi Bima Yojana through Life Insurance Corporation of India to provide
life insurance protection to handicrafts artisans
III. Support to artisans in indigent circumstances to the recipient of Shilp Guru Awards, National Awards or merit certificate or state award in handicrafts above the age of 60 years. The assistance to an amount of Rs.3500/- per month is provided to the eligible master crafts persons on the recommendation of field offices whose income should not exceed to Rs.50,000/- per annum. The relaxation in age is in the case of disability.
IV. Interest subvention @ 6% on the loan amount maximum to Rs.1.00 lakhs over a period of 3 years.
V. Margin money @ 20% of the sanctioned amount maximum to Rs.10,000/- in each case.
As on date the margin money to 302 handicrafts artisans amounting to Rs.30.20 lakhs has been provided.
This information was given by the Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani, in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
- Finance & Economy2023.02.03Budget quote from Neha Singh, Co-founder, Tracxn
- Textile Industry2023.02.03ITMF’s Cotton Contamination Survey n°16/2022 reveals decreasing levels of contamination and stickiness
- Finance & Economy2023.02.03Quote from Mr. Anshuman Singh, Chairman and Managing Director of Stellar Value Chain Solutions, regarding the budget
- Finance & Economy2023.02.03“Union Budget for 2023-24 – Positive & Growth-Oriented”, Chairman, SRTEPC