Japan-India International Industrial Promotion Association
Prashanto Godate , Indian market representative
On Gear advise JIIPA has requested and issued advisory to Japanese buyers , not to cancel orders for their Indian suppliers.
Letter Content as follows :
Thank you for your continued support.
We would like to thank you again for purchasing our products from India and supporting India.
Due to the global epidemic of the new coronavirus, we are facing severe problems worldwide in our daily lives and businesses.
Under such circumstances, we are in touch with the buyers at the strong request of the Indian apparel major association (the following association).
As you know, the Government of India has announced that Modi has declared a complete lockdown across India from March 24th to April 30th. This has completely shut down all manufacturing operations. Therefore, it is necessary for buyers and suppliers to cooperate.
India’s Textile Minister, Mrs. Smriti Zubin Irani, has called on foreign importers and buyers to “caring for commerce” by not accepting already contracted products or canceling due to the new coronavirus.
The statement of Smriti Zubin Irani can be found below.
Indian exporters want Japanese buyers to support:
Please do not cancel the contracted order due to the new coronavirus.I would like you to pay the full amount for the ones that are already in production.We would like to be able to flexibly accommodate the adjustment of the delivery time. With the above support, Indian exporters and producers will be able to cope with the difficult situation and continue long-term trading after this crisis is averted.
We appreciate your understanding, If you have any questions or requests, please contact JIIPA. We will do our best to support you.
Person in charge: Prashanto Godate (090-3964-8171) / Email: [email protected]
We hope the new coronavirus will be over in the coming weeks.
Major Association of Indian Apparels requested :
- Indian Export Organizations (FIEO)
- Union of Indian Export Organizations
- The Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH)
- HandiCraft Export Promotion Council
- Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC)
- The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council (ISEPC)
- Silk Export Promotion Council
- Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council of India (TEXPROCIL)
- Handloom Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (HEPC)
- The Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC)
- Garment Exporters Association of Rajasthan (GEAR)