Collaboration among 2A-NYGUARD, COATS, HEIQ, VAGOTEX and SITIP, has led to creation of JUST5, a resourceful viroblocked jacket that provides the best garment solution for resuming normal life by shielding the wearer, loved ones and everyone encountered.
A multi-functional and fashionable jacket with every component powered by HeiQ Viroblock to protect from spoilage by contaminating microorganisms in just five minutes. The treatment does not protect the wearer or others against food-borne (or disease-causing) bacteria. But the jacket sets up a highly effective barrier to shield the wearer from spoiling contaminants in the surrounding.
It is an initiative by 5 leading material manufacturers and features many life-enhancing gadgets. All components are individually available for any apparel or home textile brands to create their own innovations.
The 5 innovative components are:-
- 2A-NYGUARD NYSHIELD zippers – The zippers are often touched throughout the day. These self-sanitizing zippers will restore their usability in just five minutes after every touch. 2A has been a pioneer in the production of zippers in Europe since the 1930s and is now a leader in sustainable and innovative solutions for textile fasteners.
- Coats ProtectV – Sewing thread from the world’s leading industrial thread company adds anti-microbial and anti-viral properties to every stitch.
- HeiQ Viroblock Swiss antimicrobial fabric technology – HeiQ Viroblock was originally developed for face masks registered as a medical device by Swiss Medic. Respirator masks treated with the same technology are authorized by the US FDA under the EUA. HeiQ is the world leader in innovations in textile technology.
- SITIP warp-knitted fabric – Elastic fabric for the expandable cuffs of JUST5 to protect the hands when touching potentially contaminated surfaces. Warp-knitting prevents yarn from laddering after tearing, and SITIP is a world leader in this field.
- Windtex Vagotex fabric – breathable, water-repellent and wind-resistant fabric. Windtex Vagotex S.p.A. is a leader in lamination and processing of technical fabrics for sports and footwear.
A crowdfunding campaign started at 11:00 Eastern Standard Time, 17:00 Central European Time on 26 August on Kickstarter for people interested in supporting the idea and place their pre-orders. Finished jackets are expected to be available end of Autumn.