Celebrating 25 years as Asia’s leading trade fair for the interior textiles industry, Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles will run from 28 – 31 August. Covering seven halls at the National Exhibition and Convention Center, around 1,150 exhibitors from 27 countries and regions will display their latest products and technologies for the home and contract textiles sectors (2018: 1,091). The 2018 edition welcomed 39,730 trade buyers from 104 countries and regions.
“We are very optimistic about the business opportunities that will present themselves at the fair next week,” Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd explained. “Not only has the exhibitor number increased from last year, but with the visitor pre-registration numbers tracking well ahead of last year’s figures in the months leading up to the fair, we are expecting a strong turnout from buyers as well. This edition, we have also put a lot of effort into revamping the fair’s fringe programme to ensure it meets the needs of the industry for the present and future, with new events and zones featuring throughout the halls.”
Exhibitor highlights for 2019
• Country and region pavilions from Belgium, Pakistan, Taiwan and Turkey will feature in 2019.
• Expanded finished products zone: more sourcing options are available in hall 8.1 this year for finished products and a range of home décor items.
• Finished curtain zone located in the North Hall.
• Bed, bath, kitchen and table: suppliers from China will be joined by exhibitors from Australia, Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Japan and elsewhere in these product categories.
• Whole-home and editor zones: buyers can source the latest luxury branded products and gain decoration concept inspiration in these high-end zones.
• Textile design zone: 20 design studios from 12 countries including China, Finland, France, India, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland and the UK will showcase their avant-garde collections.
Contract business in the spotlight
Recognising the growing importance of this sector for the interiors industry, the Contract Business 360o concept returns again this year to ensure holistic solutions are available at the fair. More than 80 exhibitors that offer products suitable for the contract sector, including upholstery suppliers and editors, will be identified with a Contract Business 360 sign at their booth. Meanwhile, a series of events including seminars and guided tours by international interior designers will provide the latest insight to fairgoers, while a display area for contract business focusing on the practical utilisation of fabrics in commercial spaces will also feature.
Fringe programme’s four topics cover industry’s latest needs
In addition to the high-quality sourcing options available, the fair’s event programme has been revamped to provide the industry with the latest trends and insights in four topics. These include Design Inspiration: residential and commercial textile trends; Business O2O: online to offline commerce; Textile & Technology: digital printing solutions and green designs; and Industry Empowerment: global licensing trends and opportunities.
And for the first time, a Talks & Tours programme will feature renowned international designers discussing the latest trends and technologies in textiles for commercial environments, followed by guided tours of their highlights of the fair. More details of the fringe programme can be found here: https://intertextile-shanghai-hometextiles-autumn.hk.messefrankfurt.com/shanghai/en/programme-events.html.
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Autumn Edition is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Home Textile Association (CHTA). To find out more about this fair, please visit: www.intertextilehome.com. For more information about Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: https://texpertise-network.messefrankfurt.com.
- Market Reports2023.02.07THE YARN BAZAAR TIMES
- Market Reports2023.02.07Why U.S. is anticipated to account for around 20% global value share in the ion exchange resins ?
- apparel2023.02.07ROICA™ contemporary wardrobe innovations
- Market Reports2023.02.07With India accounting for 5% of global paper output and the United States holding a 15.3% market share in the billing paper market, there is projected to be high demand.