“In the coming era, technological innovations and human experiences will become inseparable.” The latest Intertextile Directions trend guide explains the season’s new theme, Hybrid. From 12 – 14 March, exhibitors at Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition will display on-trend fabric samples at the Intertextile Directions Trend Forum, while more in-depth analysis of 2020 trends will be discussed in a series of seminars. This edition’s fringe programme will take place in three onsite venues, each dedicated to a different topic, covering trends, sustainability and business strategies, and will also feature three panel discussions.
The latest Intertextile Directions fabric and pattern trends for Spring / Summer 2020 illustrate a world of sustainable fashion, where innovative technology supports fashion for modern lifestyles. Sustainability is at the core of these trends, as the fashion industry’s eco-footprint remains firmly in the global spotlight. Meanwhile, with the next generation expressing self-identity and activism online, fabrics for stand-out fashion are on offer. Hybrid covers four trends:
• Human Vision explores the intersection between manmade and natural, adding technology for contemporary style in neutral colour palettes.
• Earth Energy tailors for responsibly slow living, with eco-conscious materials, such as organic cotton, linen and denim with technical coatings for functionality.
• Well Lab is inspired by future-thinking revolutionaries – eco-friendly materials are repackaged in vibrant colours, showcasing a bright new attitude to sustainability.
• Hype Glam presents glamorous materials with eye-catching effects, while sports lifestyle influences add high-tech performance for ease and functionality.
Three panel discussions and 25 seminars cover key industry topics
Intertextile Apparel’s fringe programme is a useful platform for dialogue between industry players – while exhibitors and other experts can present their ideas and collections, audiences can gain useful insight into industry topics and trends. This edition, three onsite venues will specialise in different topics.
Textile Dialogue (5.1 – H29) will hold design & trend seminars such as:
• ‘Data and Garment Accessories Trends’ by Shanghai Shide Network Technology
• ‘Intertextile Spring / Summer 2020 Fashion Trends’ by NellyRodi Agency
• ‘Spring / Summer 2020 Denim Fabric Trends’ by Prosperity Textile
More trend seminars will also be held by Pantone, COLORO, PeclersParis and Italtex, while a CTIC Trend Forum can be found across the hall, in Talking Point (5.1 – G143), along with other highlights including:
• Digital Printing Forum
• ‘Changing Trends and Challenges for Vietnam’s Textile and Garment Industry’, a panel discussion by VITAS, summarising (1) Overview of Vietnam Textile & Apparel Industry; (2) Opportunities & Challenges for Vietnam Textile industry when joining FTAs; (3) New Initiatives to Green Vietnam Textile Sector
Forum Space (5.1 – C02) will be a hub for sustainability. Seminar topics include:
• ‘Comprehensive Interpretation: OEKO-TEX® New Regulations 2019’ by Hohenstein
• ‘Inspiring Confidence: How To Build Trust With Today’s Time-Stretched, Empowered Consumer’ by TESTEX
• GOTS will share their organic cotton expertise
• ‘Sustainable Fashion – New Development Trends of Viscose Staple Fibre’ by Sateri
• ‘Environmentally Sustainable Solutions for Regenerated Cellulose Fibres’ by Lenzing Fibers (Shanghai)
On the final day of the fair, CTIC will hold the Future Forum, bringing together new textile products, technologies, green solutions and services targeted at the China market.
Other fringe programme highlights include three domestic trend forums, and an open workshop held by CNTAC. They will invite finance (HSBC), research & development and sustainability institutions (WWF) to create an industry-wide platform for innovative technology promotion.
Held from 12 – 14 March at the National Exhibition and Convention Centre (Shanghai), the fair will be held concurrently with Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles, Yarn Expo Spring, PH Value and CHIC.
Online pre-registration is now open for visitors worldwide. To pre-register and download a mobile e-badge prior to the fair, visitors may visithttps://sh.intertextileapparel.com.
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition 2019 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre. For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com. Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
- News & InsightsDecember 9, 2023GOTS Pilot Project Creates Pathway for Small Operators to Attain Certification
- Finance & EconomyDecember 9, 2023RBI’s Policy: A Lesser Hawkish Pause with Cautious Undertone
- News & InsightsDecember 9, 2023FMI’ Analyst view: “MellowWrap: Smooth Packaging Sensation”
- News & InsightsDecember 9, 2023Young engineers honoured in Dresden