Opening its doors next Wednesday, Yarn Expo Spring will gather the yarn and fibre industry for three days of networking, sourcing and business exchange from 17 – 19 March. The fair will welcome 387 exhibitors from six countries and regions, housed in hall 8.2 of the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai), spanning a total of 26,000 sqm. As with the previous Autumn Edition, a special hybrid showcase display area will be featured with fairgoers also benefitting from a series of themed forums and events dedicated to the latest industry trends.
Owing to the wide selection of products on offer from the sector’s leading suppliers, Yarn Expo has developed a strong reputation, establishing itself as an important event in the industry’s fair calendar. Showcasing popular products such as linen, cotton, hemp and wool, along with many functional, fancy and speciality yarns, both international and domestic suppliers choose the fair as a platform to introduce their latest products.
Overseas exhibitors in the spotlight include:
- Cotton Council International (8.2 – D56): they will promote US cotton products with their COTTON USA trademark.
- Texperts India Private Ltd (8.2 – E47): they are a trading company specialising in yarn and fibres for industrial application.
- Xiamen Naseem Trade Co (8.2 – C56): they will showcase 100% cotton single and double yarn, counts from 5 – 60s carded and combed knitting and weaving.
- Hengbang Textile Co Ltd (8.2 – E55): they specialise in the production of recycled cotton yarn.
Meanwhile, some leading domestic suppliers to look out for are:
- Orient International (Holding) Co Ltd (8.2 – E86): they will introduce their original liquid-coloured fengcai, functional antibacterial, regenerated differentiated and bio-based Borlar polyactic acid fibre series.
- Nantong Doublegreat Textile Co Ltd (8.2 – A57): they will present their newly developed polyactic acid blended yarn which is biodegradable and antibacterial.
- Hi-Tech Fiber Group (8.2 – H58): they are a bio-based engineering technical service provider specialising in viscose, polyactic, polyamide and new bio-based yarn and fibre products.
- Sateri (8.2 – E58): they specialise in the production of viscose fibres.
Hybrid showcase returns, increasing opportunities for both exhibitors and buyers
To adapt to the global climate, a hybrid exhibition package was once again offered to exhibitors who are limited by ongoing travel restrictions. These exhibitors can display their products onsite at the hybrid showcase display area, whilst utilising the digital solutions to connect with buyers via video meetings and instant messaging. Two hybrid exhibitors at the fair include:
- Excel Enterprise (8.2 – D52): they will showcase a range of cotton yarns under their EXCEL brand.
- Prime Yarns (8.2 – E51): they will display various yarns and fibres including cotton lint and comber noils, from India.
Latest industry trends to be discovered at the fringe programme
Besides the array of products on offer, opportunities to explore the latest market insights can be found at the fringe programme. The China Fibre Fashion Trends Display Zone organised by the China Chemical Fiber Industry Association, will showcase over 400 samples of new fibre products, highlighting the latest fashion trends. Meanwhile, the New Fibre New World – Textile Materials Innovation Forum, led by industry experts, will consist of 20 forums focused on the development of new fibres and products.
Yarn Expo Spring is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT. The fair will be held concurrently with Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition, Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition, PH Value and CHIC at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).