Government is implementing various policy initiatives and schemes for supporting the development of textile sector. These schemes and initiatives which promote technology upgradation, creation of infrastructure, skill development and sectoral development in the textile sector, create a conducive environment and provide enabling conditions for textile manufacturing in the country and helps in boosting textile sector through its various schemes, such as the Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (A-TUFS), Schemes for the development of the Powerloom Sector(Power-Tex), Schemes for Technical Textiles, Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks (SITP), Scheme for Additional Grant for Apparel Manufacturing Units under SITP (SAGAM), Jute (ICARE- Improved Cultivation and Advanced Retting Exercise), Integrated Processing Development Scheme (IPDS), Silk Samagra, National Handloom Development Programme, National Handicraft Development Programme, Integrated Wool Development Programme (IWDP), North East Region Textiles Promotion Scheme (NERTPS), Rebate of State and Central Taxes and Levies (ROSCTL), Scheme for Production and Employment Linked Support for Garmenting Units (SPELSGU) etc. The above schemes are implemented on Pan-India basis.
Sector wise details of the training target allocated to various implementing partners (Handicrafts, Handloom, Jute, Sericulture, Technical Textiles) empanelled under the ongoing Skill Development Scheme (SAMARTH) comprising state government agencies, sectoral organizations of Ministry of Textiles and Textile Industry/ industry associations for imparting skilling based on the proposals and further verification of training centres is given in Annexure- I.
This information was given in a written reply by the Union Minister of Textiles, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani in Lok Sabha today.
Sector- wise details of training target allocated to Implementing Partners(IPs) under Samarth
|Segment*||No. of agencies submitted proposals and have been empanelled||Training target allocated after Physical Verification|
|Technical Textiles||A total of 9 proposals have been received against the RFP floated for empanelment of Implementing Partners for undertaking training programme in the Technical Textiles Sector.|
* In addition to the above, 89 number of agencies have been empanelled in other textile segments with a training target of 2,49,200. The training is spread all over India India with the help of State Government agencies, industry partners, Industry Associations and MSME Associations.
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.16Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 16th December, 2021
- Industry And Cluster2021.12.16CITI Elects New Office-Bearers for the year 2021-22
- News & Insights2021.12.16Global Smart Textiles Market Estimated to be Valued at US$ 6.6 Billion by 2026 | MarketsandMarkets™ Study
- Articles2021.12.16Can Waste Wool Replace Bubble Wrap?