- Aesthetic carbon look
- Cost-effective production
Frankfurt, November, 2020 – INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, announced today that BMW M has selected the aesthetic composite StyLight® as the material of choice for a new generation of ergonomically optimised carbon shift paddles.
The selected material for the shift paddle application is INEOS Styrolution’s carbon composite StyLight Aesthetic S C245-1-060, backmoulded with PC/SAN GF30. It was specifically developed for automotive interior and exterior applications and a range of applications in the electronics as well as the sports and leisure industries.
In addition to its aesthetic appearance, StyLight offers a high chemical resistance. The StyLight solution meets all high BMW M standards.
A significant benefit of the solution is its cost-effectiveness. For example, StyLight can be used without coating (compared to a PC based composite) and no extra compression moulding step is required since the high surface appearance is achieved directly by the backmoulding step.
Martin Köhler, Business Development Manager Composites at INEOS Styrolution comments: “I am excited about the collaboration with BMW M. This is the kind of application we developed StyLight for.”
Shift paddles allow drivers of cars with automatic transmission to manually shift gears. While automatic transmissions are very advanced, some drivers still prefer to shift gears manually to anticipate bends in the road, to select a more responsive gear or taking advantage of the engine speed to slow the car, particularly in bad weather or slippery descents.
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.10.03Textile Machinery Manufacturers’ Association (India) at the “62 nd Annual General Meeting of the Association”
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.10.03Online Sellers Besieged with Reduced Sales & Margins
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.10.03CLOTHING BRAND FREECULTR MERCHANDISE PARTNER FOR FIFA 2022
- Fibres and Yarns2022.10.03Abundant sourcing options to mark Yarn Expo Shenzhen’s return this November