This scheme is specially focused at high value and expanding MMF and Technical Textiles segments of Textiles Value Chain. Incentives worth Rs. 10,683 crore will be provided to industry over five years for manufacturing notified products of MMF Apparel & MMF Fabrics and 10 segments/products of Technical Textiles in India.
It is expected that this scheme will result in fresh Investment of above Rs 19000 crore, additional Production turnover of Rs.3 lakh crore in Five Years and will create additional employment for 7.5 lakh persons.
Commenting on the announcement, Dr. Sundararaman K S, Chairman, the Indian Technical Textile Association (ITTA) said “This is a Landmark scheme for the manifold Growth of the Technical Textile Industry and I thank the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji , The Minister for Textiles Shri Piyush Goyal Ji , The MOS and Ministry of Textiles for the same, this will accelerate the creation of world class, world competitive companies in India”
He further said that “PLI for Textiles along with RoSCTL, RoDTEP and other measures of Government in textile sector e.g. providing raw material at competitive prices, skill development etc will herald a new age in textiles manufacturing. Combining this with various State level Incentivisation schemes provides the Technical Textile Industry of India with Unprecedented Financial Support towards rapid Growth.”
- Taking steps forward towards the vision of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Textiles for MMF Apparel, MMF Fabrics and 10 segments/ products of Technical Textiles with a budgetary outlay of Rs. 10,683 crore.
- This scheme will promote production of high value MMF Fabric, Garments and Technical Textiles in country. These products have higher margin which helps neutralize the disadvantages faced by Indian garment manufacturers.
- The incentive structure has been so formulated that industry will be encouraged to invest in fresh capacities in these segments. This will give a major push to growing high value MMF segment which will complement the efforts of cotton and other natural fibre-based textiles industry in generating new opportunities for employment and trade, resultantly helping India regain its historical dominant status in global textiles trade.
- The Technical Textiles segment is a new age textile, whose application in several sector of economy, including infrastructure, water, health and hygiene, defense, security, automobiles, aviation will improve the efficiencies in those sectors of economy. Government has also launched a National Technical Textiles Mission in past for promoting R&D efforts in that sector. PLI will help further, in attracting investment in this segment and production of appropriate products.
- There are two types of investment possible with different set of incentive structure. Any person, which includes firm / company willing to invest minimum ₹300 Crore in Plant, Machinery, Equipment and Civil Works (excluding land and administrative building cost) to produce products of Notified lines (MMF Fabrics, Garment) and products of Technical Textiles, shall be eligible to apply for participation in first part of the scheme.
- In second part any person, (which includes firm / company) willing to invest minimum ₹100 Crore shall be eligible to apply for participation in this part of the scheme.
- In addition, priority will be given for investment in Aspirational Districts, Tier 3, Tier 4 towns, and rural area. Due to this priority Industry will be incentivized to move to backward area. Such move will also help industry by availability of appropriate demography of working age population in those area.
- This scheme will positively impact the states with strong textiles ecosystem e.g. Gujrat, UP, Maharashtra, Tamilnadu, Punjab, AP, Telangana etc.
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.16Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 16th December, 2021
- Industry And Cluster2021.12.16CITI Elects New Office-Bearers for the year 2021-22
- News & Insights2021.12.16Global Smart Textiles Market Estimated to be Valued at US$ 6.6 Billion by 2026 | MarketsandMarkets™ Study
- Articles2021.12.16Can Waste Wool Replace Bubble Wrap?