Industry And Cluster | News & Insights

Fire breaks out in Textile godown

Published: May 18, 2020

A major fire broke out in a textile unit godown at Karuvilparai Valasu near Erode on Friday evening. More than Rs 50 lakh worth of material were gutted in the fire. The unit is owned by K Vadivelu, 64, of Rasampalayam. Bed sheets and towels are manufactured at the unit. Around 4.30pm on Friday, locals spotted fire emanating from the godown and alerted fire and rescue services in Erode town.

“Twenty-five firefighters struggled for nearly four hours to put out the fire,” a senior police officer from the Erode north police station said. He said six fire tenders were pressed into service. “The reason for the fire accident is yet to be ascertained.”

Related Posts