Danufil®QR FibresNamed Winner of the World of Wipes Innovation Award®
INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry,reportsits 13th annual World of Wipes® (WOW) International Conferenceconnected390 participants from 19 countries to advance their wipes businessin Atlanta, GA, June 24-27.
WOW provided valuable program content with the latest innovations and presentations from industry leaders on issues, market trends, and statistical data to plan business strategiesas well as a 1.5-day WIPES Academy training course.
“World of Wipes was a great experience and a productive meeting for us. We are looking into the other upcoming INDA programs, and especially intend to be at WOW again next year,” said Howard J. Bochnek VP – Technology and Scientific Affairs, North American Infection Control Ltd. and American Infection Control, Inc.
“It’s worth coming every time. I met customers and made some new ones,” said Jay Roth, Director of Sales, Elsner Engineering Works, Inc.
Among the event highlights wastheannouncement of Danufil® QR Fibres from
KelheimFibres as the winner of this year’s World of Wipes Innovation Award®. The innovative new fiberis a positively charged viscose fiber that does not bind to “quat” disinfectants, can be processed with all nonwoven technologies, and is fully biodegradable. The annual award recognizes the product that most expands the use of nonwovens and demonstrates creativity, novelty, uniqueness, and technical sophistication within the entire nonwovens wipes value chain.
Held at theWestin Peachtree Plaza, in Atlanta, Georgia,the event attracted54 tabletop displays to connect and create commerce with meaningful relationships throughout the entire wipes supply chain. “The strength and value of the World of Wipes event was clearly demonstrated at the tabletop display evenings when exhibitors and conference attendees continued their conversations well after the exhibition concluded—people were so engaged they didn’t want to leave,” said Dave Rousse, INDA President.
Program sessionsincluded Consumer Trade and Trends, Sustainable & Transparent Formulations for Home & Personal Care Products, Infection Protection, Material Developments in Wipes, Sustainability Challenges in Single Use Plastics, and Preservative Developments.
Featured speaker, Lisa Morden, Vice President, Safety and Sustainability, Kimberly-Clark Corporation and Tracy A. Doucet, Senior Director, Research and Engineering, Kimberly-Cark Global Nonwovens presented “Wiping Responsibly” featuring insights into Kimberly-Clark’s methods to create a more circular model for a sustainable future.
Participants connected face-to-face with hundreds of wipes professionals during the Welcome Reception atop the 49th floor in The Commerce Club, withstunning views and live music, to connect with fellow industry professionals.
Preceding the conference, INDA’s WIPES Academy was conducted by instructor Rob Johnson, PE, Principal, Smith, Johnson & Associates. The Academy is the first and only comprehensive wipes training for the entire wipes supply chain.
“This year’s program content addressed the critical issues of our industry—economics, sustainability, and political issues facing wipes producers and marketers. WOW serves as the nexus for international wipes professionals to conveneand connect,” said Dave Rousse, INDA president.
Other presentation highlights included:
- How to Navigate the Amazon Jungle – Richard Palmer, President,
Nehemiah Manufacturing Company
- Global Market for Baby Care Today and Tomorrow – Janet O’Regan, Director, Nonwovens Marketing, Cotton Incorporated
- Driving the Market Through Ingredient Transparency – Nicole Acevedo, Ph.D., Founder & CEO, Elavo Mundi Solutions, LLC
- Industrial Wipes: Market Driven Innovations – Paul Harmon, EVP Commercial HH&S, Berry Global, Inc.
- Consumer Insights in Sustainable Materials – Jonathan Layer, Business Development Manager-Americas, Fibertex Nonwovens Inc.
- A New Sustainable Cellulosic FiberOption for Nonwovens– Jon Woods, General Manager, Textiles and Nonwovens, Eastman Chemical Company
WOW networking events included two evening receptions,daily breakfasts, and networking breaks.
INDA announced thatWOW 2020will be held June 22-25, at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.For information visitwww.worldofwipes.organd follow@WipesConon Twitter.
INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, serves hundreds of member companies in the nonwovens/engineered fabrics industry in global commerce. Since 1968, INDA events have helped members connect, learn, innovate, and develop their businesses. INDA educational courses, market data, test methods, consultancy, and issue advocacy help members succeed by providing them the information they need to better plan and execute their business strategies. For more information, visit inda.org or call 919-459-3700.
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.07.29GARTEX TEXPROCESS INDIA NEW DELHI EDITION TO BE BIGGER THAN EVER WITH MORE THAN 175 EXHIBITORS CONFIRMED
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.07.02TEXWORLD EVOLUTION PARIS
- COTTON PRICE2022.06.26COTTON EXPECTED TO MODERATE IN THE NEW SEASON
- News & Insights2022.06.15ITM 2022 EAGERLY AWAITED BY THE TEXTILE SECTOR HAS OPENED ITS DOORS WITH A RECORD NUMBER OF EXHIBITORS & VISITORS