Mega handloom cluster is taken up under Comprehensive Handloom Development Scheme as announced by the Union Finance Minister in the respective budget with the financial provision. At present, there is no proposal for inclusion of Balaramapuram in Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala under Comprehensive Handloom Development Scheme.
Details of assistance provided to the weavers in Thiruvananthapuram under various schemes implemented by Government of India since 2014-15 are as under:
- 22 Mudra loans with amount of Rs 9.00 lakh sanctioned and disbursed to the Handloom weavers.
- Under National Handloom Development Programme, one Block Level Cluster with total cost of Rs 185.169 lakh consisting Government of India share of Rs 179.599 lakh sanctioned in Kollaylin covering 500 weavers.
- 6.736 lakh kg of yarn worth Rs 21.52 crore has been supplied to the handloom weavers of Balaramapuram at Mill gate price.
- Balaramapuram Saree has been registered under Geographical Indication Act.
- Balaramapuram Saree and Balaramapur Dhoti have been registered under product list of India Handloom Brand (IHB). 28 agencies for Balaramapuram Sarees and 30 agencies for Balaramapuram Dhoti have been registered for production under IHB.
Three Block Level Clusters have been sanctioned in Gujarat under National Handloom Development Programme:
(Rs. in lakh)
|Sl. No||Name of the Block/District||Total Project cost||Government of India share||Beneficiaries covered|
- Market Reports2023.06.08Monthly Debt Market Update – June 2023
- apparel2023.06.08Smart Clothing Market Size Worth USD 23.30 billion in 2030 | CAGR:30.03%
- Business & Policy2023.06.08Results of the 20th ITMF Global Textile Industry Survey
- News & Insights2023.06.08FMI’ Analyst view: “Pre-made Pouch Packaging: How are the United States & Europe setting the standard for sustainability in the packaging industry?