Skill upgradation is a continuous process. Need-based skill upgradation programmes for handloom workers in technical areas viz. weaving, dyeing, designing, etc. are conducted under SAMARTH- Capacity Building in Textile Sector.
Health Insurance to eligible weavers is provided under the schemes of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
Government of India, Ministry of Textiles is implementing the following schemes for development of handlooms and welfare of weavers across the country:
- National Handloom Development Programme (NHDP)
- Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)
- Handloom Weavers’ Comprehensive Welfare Scheme (HWCWS)
- Yarn Supply Scheme (YSS)
Under the above schemes, financial assistance is provided to the eligible handloom agencies/weavers etc. for raw materials, purchase of looms and accessories, design innovation, product diversification, infrastructure development, skill upgradation, lighting units, marketing of handloom products in domestic as well as overseas markets and Mudra loan at concessional rates.
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.16Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 16th December, 2021
- Industry And Cluster2021.12.16CITI Elects New Office-Bearers for the year 2021-22
- News & Insights2021.12.16Global Smart Textiles Market Estimated to be Valued at US$ 6.6 Billion by 2026 | MarketsandMarkets™ Study
- Articles2021.12.16Can Waste Wool Replace Bubble Wrap?