As Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics celebrates its 25th anniversary later this month, the fringe programme will focus on three key topics that shape the future of apparel and the textile trade industry. Design trends, technology and sustainability will be the key themes over the fair’s three days, featuring Shanghai’s first ever FASHIONSUSTAIN conference, a more comprehensive trend forum, a new Consumer Trend discussion and a special event from the Licensing China fair, which debuts in early 2020.
Trend forums visualise upcoming fashions with exhibitors’ fabric samples
Three distinct spaces in the International Halls (halls 4.1 and 5.1) will specialise in each of the three key topics, making it easy for visitors to be in the right place for their interest. The events will include a dynamic and interactive programme of seminars, panel discussions and product presentations. International and domestic trend forums will also feature.
New: menswear and childrenswear trends on display
With this season’s theme of HUMAN ≒ TECH, this edition’s Intertextile Directions Trend Forum (hall 5.1) will explore Autumn / Winter 20-21 trends. For the first time, there will also be more inclusive fabric displays specialising in fabrics suitable for menswear and childrenswear.
Meanwhile, the Chinese fashion industry is gaining momentum, with more Chinese fashion designers becoming internationally recognised. Domestic trend insight can help overseas industry players to better understand the lucrative China market. Three domestic trend forums can be found in the fairground: Fashion Focus (hall 7.1), as well as the Accessories Trend Forum and Technology & Sustainability Trend Forum, which can both be found on the Mezzanine floor near the South Entrance.
Design and trends @ Textile Dialogue
Located in hall 5.1, booth K35, Textile Dialogue will feature design and trend seminars, as well as this edition’s Consumer Trend panel discussion. Highlights include:
• Intertextile Trends A/W 20-21 by Ornella Bignami, Art Director, Elementi Moda S.r.l.
• PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner A/W 20-21 – Nest by David Shah, Pantone Color Institute Team Member and CEO of View Publications.
• Intertextile Consumer & Lifestyle Trend: this edition’s topic “FutureCast 2021: New Consumer Rules” focuses on consumers’ needs for customisation and personalisation. This panel discussion and video area will focus on five consumer trends: ThreadStart, smart fashion; Redux-State, the art of paring down; CultureRemix, where experimenting is the new rule; FlexState, as tech and style converge; and NeoUrbanity, an expression of colour and movement of cities.
Tech and innovation @ Talking Point
Located in hall 4.1, booth K112, Talking Point will feature tech seminars, artificial intelligence in factories and a Licensing China event focused on IP fashion merchandising.
• The Smart Factory Forum will take a close look at the use of artificial intelligence in the textile industry, including applications in security, warehousing and logistics. Participants will share some intelligent upgrades and solutions.
• PolyTHF™ Inside Brand Launch & Denim Industry Development Trend Forum by BASF: a product presentation focusing on the role of spandex in the next generation of comfortable denim.
• The Opportunities and Challenges Brought by Sustainability Under Industry 4.0: a panel discussion on the role of automation in sustainable fashion.
Sustainability @ Forum Space
Located in hall 5.1, booth E141, the sustainability-focused events include:
• Shanghai’s first ever FASHIONSUSTAIN conference will begin with a keynote, followed by three moderated sessions. Topics will include sustainable innovation, practices and business models.
• 2020 Sustainability in Garment Supply Chain: a panel discussion centred on how designers, suppliers and brands can work together to ensure transparency.
• Biodegradable Polyester for a Sustainable Future: a daily product presentation by exhibitors Paradise Textiles, showcasing their unique BioFuze polyester yarn, which can biodegrade in landfill and marine conditions.
Merchandising opportunities @ Industry Collaboration
Licensing x Fashion will be hosted by Licensing China, Messe Frankfurt’s new fair to be launched alongside Toy & Edu China 2020 in Shenzhen. The seminar will explore IP (Intellectual Property) merchandising trends and case studies from this trending business model in China.
The fair will be held concurrently with Yarn Expo Autumn, CHIC and PH Value from 25 – 27 September, at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2019 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre. For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com. Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textile fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.