30th June 2021 – Brussels – EDANA, the leading global association serving the nonwovens and related industries, has elected five new Governors and confirmed the team of Officers for 2021 – 2022. Mikael Staal Axelsen (Fibertex) remains as Chair, supported by continuing Vice-Chairs Åsa Johansson (Essity, Sweden) and David Lamb (Nonwovenn, UK) and TreasurerGiorgio Mantovani (Corman, Italy). Announced at EDANA’s recent online Annual Strategic Review and AGM, the newly elected board began their term on July 1st.
“EDANA now has over 320 members and a broader reach and wider scope than ever. It is encouraging therefore to welcome such a range of expertise on to our board” said Mr. Staal Axelsen. “The ongoing member confidence in our assembly to drive our determined and broad agenda is very rewarding. EDANA’s ongoing successful fostering of an environment beneficial to innovation, and to sustainable and profitable growth, is a great testament to the professionalism of the team and our members.”
The following Governors were elected as new Board members:
- Mr Cédric Ballay, CEO, PFNonwovens, Spain
- Mr. Jürgen Eizinger, Vice President of Global Business Management Nonwovens Division, Lenzing, Austria
- Mr. Omar Hoek, Executive Vice President Engineered Papers, SWM, Luxembourg
- Mr. Achim Schalk, Executive Vice President & General Manager HHS EMEIA, Berry Global, Germany
- Mr. Michael Trinkaus, Director R&D and Application Engineering, Mondi, Germany
The team of Officers is reinforced by Executive Governors, co-opted by the Board: Mr Thorsten Habeck (Business Director – Fiber Bonding Europe, Middle East & Africa, BASF, Germany), Mr Ulrich Hornfeck (Board Member & Chief Commercial Officer, Sandler, Germany), Mr Krzysztof D. Malowaniec (Senior Vice President, Paul Hartmann, Germany), Mr Jörg Ortmeier (CEO, TWE Group, Germany) and Mr Mark A. Thornton (Vice President Global Materials and Packaging, Procter & Gamble, United States).
At the June AGM, special thanks were extended to Mr Frantisek Klaska (PFNonwovens), who is leaving the EDANA Board of Governors after 20 years.
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.16Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 16th December, 2021
- Industry And Cluster2021.12.16CITI Elects New Office-Bearers for the year 2021-22
- News & Insights2021.12.16Global Smart Textiles Market Estimated to be Valued at US$ 6.6 Billion by 2026 | MarketsandMarkets™ Study
- Articles2021.12.16Can Waste Wool Replace Bubble Wrap?