Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles will open for its 25th Autumn Edition, and accompanying this milestone will be another round of high quality fringe programme events. As a fair that comprehensively bridges all the home and contract textiles industry has to offer, it’s natural that the fringe programme consistently offers diverse internationalism, a wide breadth of topics and a thought-provoking line-up of renowned speakers.
This year’s three-day fringe programme will be divided into four topics: Design Inspiration, Business O2O, Textile & Technology and Industry Empowerment. Each topic will have an associated display area, as well as a forum with events such as round tables and seminars, making it easy for visitors to locate their area of interest.
Design Inspiration: residential and commercial textile trends
The InterDesign Forum Space can be found in hall 4.1, where Design Talks events will take place. Highlighted Design Talks include:
• On day 1, from 14:00-17:00: Design For a Better Life is the topic of a round table conference and panel discussion, convened and moderated by renowned Chinese designer Shen Lei, with 12 Chinese designers, architects, fabric brands and international experts participating.
• On day 2, from 13:00-14:00: The Past, Present and Future of Furnishing Design, led by globally respected Japanese designer and RENOVETTA project proponent Professor Toshiyuki Kita. Focuses will include future home design trends and integrating traditional crafts with modern lifestyles.
• On day 2, from 14:10-15:10: The Fabrics of Living is one of three Talks & Tours events, which include a seminar followed by a guided tour, to take place. Peter Ippolito, of the Ippolito Fleitz Group, will lead this seminar focused on residential products, and will then show his personal highlights of the fair related to the seminar topic in the tour.
As a part of the design events, the Contract Business 360 theme focuses on the contract textiles sector, and will include two more Talks & Tours events following the same format:
• On Day 2, from 11:10-12:00, Christina Biasi-Von Berg of BIQUADRA will lead Hotel Design – Performing with Fabrics.
• On Day 3, from 11:10-12:10, Monika Lepel, of Lepel & Lepel, will lead Enjoy Working! – Textiles in Office Environments.
More Contract Business 360 features include:
• A display area of exhibitors’ products in a practical setting curated by Zhou You, a young, up-and-coming Chinese designer and iF Design Award winner, focusing on commercial spaces.
• On day 1, from 11:00-12:00, a seminar led by Zhou You, with a topic of Designing Proactively, Responding to Customers’ Needs.
• On day 3, from 10:00-11:00, a seminar led by Trevira titled Trends in Contract.
Business O2O: online to offline commerce
A Design + Trade @ e-commerce display area will feature eight B2B e-commerce brands. These brands provide resources and new online channels to help companies to sell to Chinese end-users and designers & design studios, and have been selected to participate in the fair as they are focused more on higher quality products rather than targeting the mass market.
In addition to this, a forum will include four seminars during the afternoon of day 3, led by Chinese e-commerce platform pioneers.
Textile & Technology: digital printing solutions and green designs
• The popular Digital Printing Micro Factory will return to offer all-in-one textile solutions, from designing, ordering and printing to cutting and sewing.
• On day 1 from 12:50-17:00, and day 2 from 10:00-13:00: digital printing seminars will be held in the Technical Seminar area of hall 8.1. Topics will focus on industry transformation for home textile manufacturers and the exploration of intelligent home textile factories.
• On day 2, from 10:00-11:00: as part of the Green Talk series, Thomas Charles will discuss Zero Emission Design – The Core Value of Building an Eco Balance System in hall 4.1’s InterDesign Forum Space, while from 16:30-17:30, Halo will discuss environmental issues in product development and production.
Industry Empowerment: global licensing trends and opportunities
• On day 2, from 13:30-17:00: trade organisation Licensing International will lead a Trends with IP, Retail with Licensing seminar focused on global licensing market trends, and how companies can increase sales through licensing.
In addition to the aforementioned events and display areas, 2020 design inspiration can be discovered in the China Home Textile Trends area, which encapsulates next year’s seasonal trend themes: Fade, Rise Up, Seed and Daring.
All events in the fair’s fringe programme are free-of-charge, and are held on a first-come, first-served basis. More details can be found here:https://intertextile-shanghai-
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Autumn Edition is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Home Textile Association (CHTA). To find out more about this fair, please visit: www.intertextilehome.com. For more information about Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: https://texpertise-network.