In response to the coronavirus outbreak, Shima Seiki released Knitting Data for all machine customers in efforts to provide solutions during the pandemic. One of our good friends, Kelly Puertas from Courses + Wales (C + W) based in Brooklyn, NY, reconfigured the knitting data to create masks for the general public on her SWGN2 15gg knitting machine. She states she, “redesigned the pattern and fit to what is our size XS. From there, I graded the mask to offer a size range from 2 years old to an adult XL. You can find my sizing chart on any of the mask shop page here.”
Courses + Wales is a full-service knitwear studio specializing in locally produced garments and accessories for emerging designers, creative technologists and industry professionals with the resources they need to transform their ideas from prototype to production. Located in Gowanus Brooklyn, C+W is a short block away from the F/G-Train. C+W provides services that include design mentorship, yarn sourcing, pattern-making, sample development, small-run apparel production, and no-minimum knitting services.
Due to the outbreak, this is the first time they are offering a DTC channel as a way to provide a solution for face covering during the pandemic.
Their “Reusable Fask Mask” details below:
- The mask is designed to fit a wide variety of customers by offering sizes from XS to XL (see the measuring guide and chart below for sizing).
- The double-layer face-covering has a pocket opening under the chin to easily add and replace a *non-woven fabric or *filter for added protection.
- Made in Brooklyn, NY.
- Fabric: 100% Nylon for its quick-dry feature making it a low maintenance fabric that is durable, stretchy, and fits comfortably.
- Care Instructions: Caring for your reusable face mask is an easy three-step process. Wash in cold or warm water with mild dish soap or detergent. Roll it in a towel to remove excess moisture. Lay or hang to dry. The time depends on the room temp. (Do not bleach, tumble dry, or iron as this will ruin the fabric.)
*Non-woven fabrics and filters are NOT included with the C+W FACE MASK purchase.10% discount when purchasing two or more masks. Use code StaySafe2020 at checkout.
Visit C+W’s Face Mask Page to learn more and/or purchase a mask for you and your loved ones.
Please note, C + W is still open for sampling and production of knitted products.
Contact for knit inquiries HERE.
- Fabrics & Processing2022.01.15THE WORLD’S LARGEST KHADI NATIONAL FLAG WILL BE PRESENTED IN JAISALMER WHICH IS 225 FEET LONG, 150 FEET WIDE AND 1400KG
- Articles2021.12.28INDIA’S EXPORTS OF TECHNICAL TEXTILES WITNESSED A HIKE
- Articles2021.12.28TECHTEXTIL INDIA 2021: FOREIGN INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN TAMIL NADU
- News & Insights2021.12.22PICANOL LAUNCHES NEW “CONNECT” GENERATION AIRJET & RAPIER WEAVING MACHINES