Discovering economics of cotton to prevent poverty and promote prosperity
Initiative of COTTONGURU® with IMC-ERTF,
Mission Partner: Confederation of Indian Textile Industries (CITI),
Farmer Partner: Federation of Seed Industries of India (FSII)
Forex Partner: Edelweiss Securities Ltd.
COTTON CONCLAVE ® is the world’s one and only conference with
1. Presence of
32 progressive farmers from across the country
124 thought leaders representing the entire cotton textile value chain including
ginners, spinners, garmentors, brands, research scientists, seed cos., agri input cos.,
4 Heads of various Textile Associations
11 key Government officials and policy makers
7 prime investors of textile equities
5 leading textile media representatives
2. Presentation of “COTTONGURU® Pradarshan Khet” model projects where
COTTONGURU® team has worked for 6 months with progressive farmers in their
farms to enhance their yields and quality helping them to market their produce such
that they earn profit in cotton farming.
3. Special award for Shri Ashish Hande, a young progressive farmer from Vidarbha,
for his excellent work in creating “COTTONGURU Pradarshan Khet” and being an
inspiration and trainer for many of famers in that area.
4. Passionate appeal by Shri Pashabhai Patel (Chairman, Agriculture Price
Commission, Maharashtra) that he guarantees quality cotton supply from minimum
50 villages of Maharashtra if the cotton textile industry is ready to buy cotton at
5. Immediate response by Shri Bhupendrasingh Rajpal (Pappuseth) of M/s Manjeet
Cotton, the biggest cotton ginner of India, that he will buy all the seed cotton
(kapas) at a premium of Rs 400 per quintal (Rs 200 for contamination controlled
cotton and Rs 200 if the cotton tests 31mm).
6. Great insights by Shri Sureshbhai Kotak, the Bhishma Pitamaha of cotton
industry, on how to optimise and capitalise the diverse applications of cotton and its
by-products to increase the profits for farmers and cotton textile industry.
7. Presentation by by Shri G. Chandrasekhar (IMC-ERTF), famous economist and
commodity expert, on the future opportunities and threats facing the cotton textile
industry and how cotton economics can help us encash the opportunities.
8. Expert views by Shri Sanjay Jain, President, Confederation of Indian Textile
Industries (CITI), on what makes textile the choice of investors.
9. Sharing by Shri Kushal Patel of M/s Axita Cotton Ltd, the youngest and first Indian
cotton exporter to be listed, on how getting listed gives access to more investment.
10. Opinion of various investors (off stage) and expert Shri Sumantji from M/s Motilal
Oswal (on stage) on what investors look for and what will make textiles the darling of
11. Detailed cotton crop report by Shri Atul Ganatra (Present, CAI) so that the textile
industry is prepared for the near future.
12. Most significant declaration by Ms. Ali Rani (CMD, CCI) that CCI is planning aplatform of atleast 25 profit making public sector enterprises to undertake
mechanisation of harvesting of cotton.
13. Extraordinary presentation by Federation of Seed Industries of India (FSII) on
“How to increase the cotton yield in India”, the most important factor to help
Double the farmers’ income.
14. Power packed presentation by Shri Sajal Gupta of Edelweiss Security Limited on
“How to make profit in Textile Exports through effective forex risk
15. Introduction of
India’s most innovative cotton textile hub-Hinganghat, Maharashtra
a) APMC : The biggest and most farmer supportive in Maharashtra.
b) Gimatex Industries (P) Ltd: Most integrated textile unit.
c) Pee Vee Textiles (P) Ltd: Most innovative spinning unit using
d) Prakash White Gold (P) Ltd: Best ginning factory making
contamination controlled cotton and generating handsome premium.
Latest farm technologies : NaPanta mobile App by young and dynamic
V.Naveenkumar of Hyderabad. The App is being used by over 1.25 lakh
farmers in A.P. and Telangana. The App was immediately downloaded in the
mobile phone of all attending farmers for immediate benefits.
16. Launch of special edition of COTTON CONCLAVE® 2019 Annual Magazine
containing White Paper No. 1.0 released during Cotton Conclave 2018, which has
proved to be a roadmap for the cotton textile industry throughout the year. The
magazine also consists of some important and relevant articles of COTTONGURU®
Shri Manish Daga written for various International and Domestic textile magazines.
17. Declaration of formation of COTTON FORUM, a core group for integrating the
developments arising out of COTTON CONCLAVE® and executing the White Paper
No. 1.0 & 2.0. The current members of COTTON FORUM are
a) Shri Sureshbhai Kotak (Chaiman, Kotak Group)
b) Shri G.Chandrasekhar (IMC-ERTF)
c) Shri Atulbhai Ganatra (President, CAI)
d) Shri Sanjay Jain (President, CITI)
e) Shri Arvind Sinha (Ex-President, TAI)
f) Shri Manish Daga (COTTONGURU®)
18. Drafting, printing and submission of White Paper No. 2.0 comprising of
sustainable solutions to the 3 burning issues facing the cotton textile industry, and
a) How do we encash the cotton economy to prevent poverty and promote
prosperity in India?
b) How do we make cotton/textile industry the darling of investors?
c) How do we increase the cotton yields in India?
The dynamic thought leaders who had participated in COTTON CONCLAVE® 2018 shared
their progress reports of last year based on the take away from the Conclave and
WhitePaper. Some of them are:
a) Gimatex Industries (P) Ltd, Maharashtra started a special Biotech plant for value
addition of cotton by-products.
b) Prakash White Gold (P) Ltd, Maharashtra generated premium for every bale
manufactured keeping in mind the Red Light shown in Conclave that “Contamination
c) Anilkumar & Co, Karnataka organised a joint programme with state seed association to help farmers get best quality seeds.
d) Amrutrao Deshmukh, award winner farmer for highest yield in Maharashtra, travelled
with COTTONGURU across 600 villages, training 20000 farmers for increasing yield.
COTTON CONCLAVE® 2019 gave a perfect platform to India’s most progressive cotton
farmers, cotton textile supply chain stake holders, Government officials and textile investors to openly share their views and integrate their efforts on solutions rather than problems. The solutions, formatted in White Paper No. 2.0, if executed well, will ensure sustainable prosperity for the entire cotton value chain and contribute to create a conducive atmosphere of high employment, entrepreneurship and investment thereby helping enhance India’s GDP.
All in all, COTTON CONCLAVE® is an unique annual event which brings the entire cotton
supply value chain on a single platform giving everyone equal opportunity to share and
express, focussing on solutions.
COTTON CONCLAVE® has established itself as the epitome of “solution focussed
interactions” providing a plethora of information, networking opportunities and sustainable solutions.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ERTVImABMI
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.07.29GARTEX TEXPROCESS INDIA NEW DELHI EDITION TO BE BIGGER THAN EVER WITH MORE THAN 175 EXHIBITORS CONFIRMED
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2022.07.02TEXWORLD EVOLUTION PARIS
- COTTON PRICE2022.06.26COTTON EXPECTED TO MODERATE IN THE NEW SEASON
- News & Insights2022.06.15ITM 2022 EAGERLY AWAITED BY THE TEXTILE SECTOR HAS OPENED ITS DOORS WITH A RECORD NUMBER OF EXHIBITORS & VISITORS