The event will start with a keynote address by Commissioner Reynders on the Commission’s current thinking on the role of building consumer confidence in products in the forthcoming New Consumer Agenda.
With Europe leading the world in the regulation of risks from chemicals in consumer products, the discussion will centre on how consumers weigh up scientific fact versus emotion when thinking about product safety. The discussion will examine how European regulators, industry and civil society can each play their role in increasing confidence in the safety of the products we buy. The industry representative will explain recent industry voluntary action to meet consumer expectations on product safety in some of Europe’s most-well known branded goods.
Speakers of our virtual panel will be:
- Maria Spyraki, Member of the European Parliament, Rapporteur for the Resolution on the Sustainable Chemicals Strategy
- Orsolya Csorba, Deputy Head of Unit Product Safety and Rapid Alert System, DG JUST, European Commission
- Professor George Gaskell, Emeritus Professor of Social Psychology and Research Methodology with focus on ‘Science in society’, London School of Economics
- Pierre Wiertz, General manager of EDANA
The conversation will be moderated by Karin Helmstaedt.
Register for the event by clicking here.
- Articles2021.10.05The Benefits of Social Media Marketing For Small Businesses
- In-Depth Analysis2021.10.05Industrial Visit Report on Tisser India Pvt. Ltd.
- Articles2021.10.05stretchable fabrics tailored with carbon nanotube electrodes monitor the heart
- In-Depth Analysis2021.10.05Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 5th October, 2021