- Apparel Index of Industrial Production (IIP) Update
- Apparel Consumer Price Index (CPI) Update
- Monthly Apparel Exports Update
- Country wise Apparel Exports Update
- Monthly Apparel Imports Update
- Country wise Apparel Imports Update
- Financial Health of Select Brands, Retailers and Manufacturers
- The apparel IIP was valued at 161 in August 2019, recording a decline of 4% as compared to that in July
- The apparel CPI has remained constant for the past five months at a value of
- The apparel exports in August 2019 stood at US$ 1,262 million, showing a decrease of 8% from July 2019 and of 2% from August The apparel exports to the largest market USA showed a steep decline of 13% in Apr-Aug 2019 as compared to that in Apr-Aug 2018. The exports to other major markets including Germany, UAE, Spain, France and UK have also declined.
- The apparel imports in August 2019 stood at US$ 127 million, which is 3% lower than that in August 2018 and 16% higher than that in July Apparel imports from Bangladesh, the largest apparel exporter to India, has increased by 17% in Apr- Aug 2019 as compared to that in Apr-Aug 2018. India’s imports from Hong Kong and Vietnam have also increased.
- Analysis of financial filings of select apparel manufacturers and fashion brands & retailers for Q1 FY 2020 over Q1 FY 2019
highlights the following:
- Most of the companies have shown an increase in their operating revenue
- Growth in Operating Profit Margins (OPM%) for majority of the companies is also very high with Gokaldas Exports and Pearl Global showing an increase of 3 and 4.6 percentage points, respectively.
- The increase in OPM% of fashion brands & retailers is mainly because of a change in regulation by Ministry of Corporate Affairs*.
Apparel Index of Industrial Production (IIP) Update
Apparel Consumer Price Index (CPI) Update
Monthly Apparel Exports Update
Country wise Apparel Exports Update
Monthly Apparel Imports Update
Financial Health of Select Brands, Retailers and Manufacturers