Yarn Expo Autumn 2019 will feature a wide array of different yarn and fibre materials, including regenerated and recycled yarn. Sustainably-produced regenerated cellulose fibres are on offer, along with plenty of recycled options that close the loop in the fashion industry. Regenerated yarns and fibres can be found from exhibitors such as Birla, overseas newcomers Else Bornewa (Turkey), Hai Thien Synthetic Fiber (Vietnam) and Henbang Textile Vietnam (Vietnam), as well as domestic exhibitors, from 25 – 27 September 2019.
“Creating an environmentally-friendly product begins with fibre, and brands are increasingly recognising this,” commented Mr Manohar Samuel, Senior President of Marketing & Business Development at Grasim Industries Ltd (of the Aditya Birla Group) in the Birla Cellulose case study at Yarn Expo Spring 2019. The eco-friendly options at September’s fair will offer brands the chance to ensure traceable sustainability throughout their supply chain.
This September, the Birla Satellite Pavilion will return to Yarn Expo Autumn with a diverse range of exhibitors, including Birla Cellulose and their eco-friendly regenerated cellulose fibres. Birla Cellulose are globally recognised for their soft and eco-friendly viscose fibres, including Birla Viscose, Birla Modal, Birla Spunshades, and Birla Excel.
Ensure lower environmental impact during production
With water pollution being a great concern for the fashion industry’s environmental impact, a solution can be found with Else Bornewa’s extensive colour range of recycled cotton and acrylic yarns. The yarns, which are OEKO-TEX® and GRS certified, are produced from fabric waste collected from their garment manufacturing operations. The waste is separated by colour or mixture before being recycled into fibres, resulting in a product range of 63 colours that do not require extra dyeing, ultimately saving water and minimising pollution.
Affordable, recycled products from Vietnam
For recycled polyester, visitors can meet a new exhibitor from Vietnam, Hai Thien Synthetic Fiber. They will bring 100% recycled polyester staple fibres, and have two production lines, ensuring fast production. They offer dope-dyed yarns, a method that generates less water waste, and can handle custom orders.
Another new exhibitor from Vietnam, Henbang Textile Vietnam, will bring recycled cotton yarn to the show. Their cotton is suitable for a huge array of end-use products, including apparel, ropes, blankets, pet supplies and more. They export all over the world and are committed to maintaining high standards in quality and customer service.
Sustainable suppliers from China
With tighter environmental regulations from the government, particularly on water pollution, China’s textile industry continues to offer more sustainably-produced textile products. Yarn Expo’s domestic exhibitors will meet rising demand for sustainability in China and overseas. Recycled yarns offer a new life to textile waste, while effective yet eco-friendly dying methods are employed.
Domestic exhibitor highlights include:
• Cangnan Hago Textile: recycled cotton and polyester blended yarn
• Cangnan WeiXiang Spinning Factory: high-quality cotton, knitting, polyester/cotton blends, twisted yarns and more, in various colours
• Wenzhou Walker Imp & Exp: recycled cotton yarn and fancy yarn
• Hangzhou Benma Chemfibre & Spinning: environmentally-friendly dope-dyed fibres, offering high colour fastness and bright colour that lasts
• Zhejiang Jiaren New Materials: recycled polyester
Yarn Expo is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT. Yarn Expo Autumn 2019 will be held concurrently with the 25th Autumn Edition of Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, as well as CHIC and PH Value. For more details on the upcoming fair, please visit:https://yarn-expo-autumn.hk.
To find out more about all Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: https://texpertise-network.
- Events Updates2023.01.27ICF and WACS organized Competition Educational Seminar at Lemon Tree Hotel, Aero city
- COTTON PRICE2023.01.27Cotton Market Bulletin – 27th January 2023
- Technical Textiles & Non-Wovens2023.01.27Fiery® Announces Independence following Separation from Electronics For Imaging While Remaining Wholly-Owned by Siris
- Home Textiles2023.01.27EUROPE’S NEWEST RESPONSIBLE SOURCING SHOW, SOURCE HOME & GIFT, ANNOUNCES ITS RESPONSIBLE RETAIL STAGE SEMINAR PROGRAMME