- Michael Pieper is not standing for re-election
- Stefaan Haspeslagh will be proposed for election to the Board of Directors
at the Annual General Meeting
- The change is related to the transfer of the shareholding of Artemis
Beteiligungen I AG to Picanol Group
Michael Pieper, a member of the Board of Directors of Rieter Holding AG since 2009, has informed Rieter that Artemis Beteiligungen I AG has sold its 11.5% block of shares to the Picanol Group (Picanol NV), Belgium, and that he thus will not stand for re-election at the Annual General Meeting on April 15, 2021.
Michael Pieper has supported and helped to significantly shape the development of
Rieter for more than ten years. He joined Rieter as a major shareholder in 2008, and
since then has been strongly involved in the strategic realignment of the group.
“On behalf of the Rieter Group, I extend our sincere gratitude to Michael Pieper for
his extremely successful and valuable work on the Board of Directors and, above all,
for his commitment as a long-term major shareholder,” said Bernhard Jucker,
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rieter Holding AG.
The Board of Directors of Rieter Holding AG today announced its intention to
propose Stefaan Haspeslagh for election to the Board of Directors at the Annual
General Meeting on April 15, 2021.
Stefaan Haspeslagh (born 1958) holds a Master’s degree in Applied Economics from
the University of Antwerp, Belgium. He has been Chairman of the Board of Directors
and Chief Financial Officer of the Picanol Group (Picanol NV), Belgium, since 2010.
In addition, Stefaan Haspeslagh has also been Chairman of the Board of Directors,
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of the Tessenderlo Group NV,
Belgium, since 2014. As a director of Cellpack NV, Belgium, he has been in office
“Rieter welcomes the new major shareholder, Picanol NV. Luc Tack, majority
shareholder and CEO of Picanol, has been a member of the Board of Directors of
Rieter for four years. Stefaan Haspeslagh is characterized by broad, international
management experience in the textile sector and is very well connected in the
industry”, stated Bernhard Jucker, Chairman of the Board of Directors.
All other current members of the Board of Directors will stand for re-election at the
Annual General Meeting.
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2021.12.04Lack of openness in supply networks is noted in the Fashion Revolution study
- HR & Education2021.12.04Better Industrial Practices for Improved Productivity” – MDP Series from CTF, SVKM’s NMIMS, Shirpur
- Fibres and Yarns2021.12.04Northern Luzon will have a yarn spinning factory
- HR & Education2021.12.04A new fashion academy in Leicester will help close the skills gap