- Mondi Paper Bags has acquired two paper bag lines from Helwan Cement Company and InterCement Sacs1.
- With these acquisitions, Mondi’s paper bag production volume in the country will increase by approximately 60-80 million bags annually.
- As part of the agreement, Mondi will become exclusive supplier of paper bags to Helwan Cement Company and InterCement Sacs.
28 July 2020 – Mondi Paper Bags, part of Mondi Group, a leading global packaging and paper manufacturer, has acquired two paper bag lines from Helwan Cement Company and InterCement Sacs, two major cement producers in Egypt. The acquired production lines will increase Mondi’s capacity by approximately 60-80 million bags annually and strengthen Mondi’s position in the Middle Eastern bag market, particularly in supporting suppliers to the construction industry.
Mondi Paper Bags, a global producer that operates two plants in Egypt, will also become the exclusive supplier of paper bags to Helwan Cement Company and InterCement Sacs.
“We are excited to have signed long-term supply agreements with two of our biggest customers in Egypt further securing our position in the Middle Eastern market. These collaborations will offer Helwan and InterCement access to our latest innovations, industry expertise and our strong plant network and customer service in the Middle East. Thanks to Mondi’s vertical integration, our partners will further benefit from our high quality kraft paper,” said Claudio Fedalto, Chief Operating Officer of Mondi Paper Bags.
“Building sustainable partnerships is InterCement’s tagline, and it is exactly what this deal represents. It is a long and fruitful partnership, in which we will focus on our cement production, while Mondi is supplying us with high quality bags and comprehensive customer service,” said Paulo Dall’Aqua, Legal & Administration Director, Amreyah Cement.
“We are delighted to continue our relationship with a reputable and reliable global paper bags supplier like Mondi, while we can focus on our core operations, the production of grey cement and ready-mix,” said Jose Maria Magrina, Managing Director, Suez Cement Group.
- Market Reports2023.06.08Monthly Debt Market Update – June 2023
- apparel2023.06.08Smart Clothing Market Size Worth USD 23.30 billion in 2030 | CAGR:30.03%
- Business & Policy2023.06.08Results of the 20th ITMF Global Textile Industry Survey
- News & Insights2023.06.08FMI’ Analyst view: “Pre-made Pouch Packaging: How are the United States & Europe setting the standard for sustainability in the packaging industry?