Belden Inc., a global leader in signal transmission solutions for mission-critical applications, released today its Full Gigabit OCTOPUS Ethernet PoE Switches. The new managed switches from Hirschmann are designed to meet evolving data demands by increasing bandwidth and ensuring reliable, high-speed connections, even in the toughest industrial settings.
“As the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) increases the number of devices typically operated across a network, bandwidth expectations also rise, while the available operating space often decreases,” said Rolf-Dieter Sommer, product manager at Belden. “Equipped with Gigabit Ethernet on all ports and enclosed in an L-shaped housing, Hirschmann’s Full Gigabit OCTOPUS switches offer an economical, yet powerful solution for optimizing network performance in extreme, condensed operating spaces.”
Hirschmann’s Full Gigabit OCTOPUS switches offer the following benefits:
- Maximize network performance and guarantee high-speed connections with full Gigabit Ethernet options on all ports
- Ensure network reliability under extreme conditions with vibration and waterproof IP67 housing design
- Save precious operating space with unique L-shaped IP67 housing for efficient cabling and cabinet less mounting
- Reduce cabling to end devices using Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch variants
Hirschmann’s Full Gigabit OCTOPUS switches are highly configurable and come with a variety of feature sets including three housing sizes for 8, 16 or 24 ports, tailored to specific networking demands. The switches are also compact and don’t require cabinets, making them easy to install and maintain.
Built in compliance with international train approvals for use alongside tracks or onboard trains, the new switches are ideal for transportation applications, including traffic control systems, rail-rolling stock, mass transit systems and railway and train stations. The Full Gigabit OCTOPUS switches are also well-suited for applications requiring superior data transfer rates in extreme operating conditions, such as general manufacturing, automotive and machine building settings.
For more information on the Full Gigabit OCTOPUS Ethernet Switches, please visit:www.hirschmann.com/en/Hirschmann_Produkte/Hirschmann News/Hirschmann_Full_Gigabit_Managed_OCTOPUS_IP67_Ethernet_Switches/index.phtml
- Finance & EconomyDecember 7, 2023Banks’ Loans to NBFCs Moves at Brisk Pace, while MF Exposure is Subdued
- Finance & EconomyDecember 7, 2023Spread Compression on O/s Business of SCBs Continues
- News & InsightsDecember 7, 2023FMI’ Analyst view: “The Future Wrap: Bio PET Films Leading the Eco Charge”
- COTTON PRICEDecember 7, 2023U.S. FUTURES DAILY COTTON MARKET – 5TH DECEMBER 2023