The way in which we educate students about fashion has changed dramatically over the last decade or so. Gone are the days of relying on physical print magazines to help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and seasons.
It is all due to the advent of technology and development, integration with other technologies, such as social media and AI, along with making shopping easier. It is the same AI that makes the life of each student easy who always finds difficulty while thinking about can I be able to write my essay regarding the future of fashion education. These are inevitable facts that fashion education students need to accept wholeheartedly.
The Future of Fashion Education: An Opinion
The fashion industry is, like many other industries, delving into the world of technology to offer more for its consumers.
- Brands are now looking beyond their own realm and into the realm of tech giants.
- The fact that the fashion industry has seen itself move so quickly is alarming but only if you have a traditional mindset.
- Students today don’t think like we once did: our generation has been exposed to the technological intelligence of computers and the internet at large.
- This exposure makes fashion students much more aware than we were in previous generations.
- On top of this, students come into contact with technology on a daily basis for guidance through exploring articles and platforms to get help in online dissertation writing services for fashion education.
- In this way, education as it was once taught, is becoming a thing of the past for many of us and is being replaced by a more modern, tech-based classroom.
- The most intangible aspects of fashion, i.e., creativity, communication, innovation, and presentation skills form the key areas in fashion education today.
- Keeping pace with the constantly evolving trends while creating something unique is the basic skill that needs to be taught to students aspiring to be designers or a part of the fashion
1. Scope of Fashion Education:
With the technological advancements and endless prospects of learning, we see a clear and vivid future of fashion education. With virtual reality and augmented reality in fashion education, we will learn the ins and outs of creating garments. We will inspire not only in haute couture but also in textiles and pattern making.
- The fashion industry is the second-largest global industry and comes under the top five in the largest employment opportunities in the world.
- In 2016, the fashion industry generated $2.3 trillion in global revenues (approximately 0.7% of total world GDP).
- The number of jobs within the fashion industry was estimated to be around 66 million worldwide by 2016.
- There are about 6,000 programs for fashion education in the U.S. alone and more than 300,000 students are enrolled in these programs annually.
- This implies that there will be a huge employment opportunity in the future for fashion designers and other professionals.
- The fashion industry is a unique industry and it has been providing a great platform to learn the business as well as art.
- Students get the chance to learn from some of the best fashion designers which helps them to develop their skills in designing, styling, and creativity.
- The scope of fashion education is wide in terms of different subjects being taught.
- The teaching methods differ for different subjects such as Fashion Marketing, Clothing Construction, Patternmaking, Styling, and more.
What are the specialties in which students can enroll for advanced courses?
- Students can opt for courses such as textile engineering, pattern making, product development, industrial design, merchandising, and others.
- Sartorial skills, etiquette, art, and culture are some of the important aspects that need to be emphasized for a better future in the fashion industry.
2. Challenges that Fashion Education Faces:
Fashion has been an integral part of our lives since the beginning of history. It is a multi-billion-dollar industry that involves a huge sector of the population.
The students are provided with theoretical and practical knowledge regarding fashion designing, merchandising, and marketing. Over the years, there have been innovations in fashion education that have changed the way it is carried out.
There are many challenges faced by fashion schools across the globe. These include
- Curriculum designing,
- Teaching methods,
- Imparting practical training,
- Understanding the changing trends,
- Technology in fashion design,
- keeping an eye on classical designs and so on.
- Discovering talent: This requires that an objective assessment of talent is made at the school level so that we can identify those who will go on to do well when they enter higher education and those who need further support during their time at school.
- Finding investment for research: To meet the latest methods students need financial support. In order to bring out the best innovative designs, more research investment is needed.
A few universities that have attempted to innovate in the field of fashion education include Central Saint Martins College of Arts & Design from London, Parsons School of Design from New York City, and Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
3. Latest education methodologies: VA and AR in fashion education:
The purpose of this paper is to discuss how virtual reality and augmented reality can help meet that challenge.
- Virtual reality (VR) seems to be one of the latest technological innovations that hold promise for future fashion students.
- VR allows students to experience collections in ways that were never possible before
- To begin with, VR and AR (augmented reality) are ideal tools for teaching fashion design principles since they can help students visualize 3D objects in a realistic manner.
- When it comes to immersing themselves in an interactive virtual environment, VR-based learning systems are more effective than 2D videos or 2D images.
- Moreover, students would be able to access these systems from anywhere they want as long as they have an internet connection.
- So, making it convenient for them to study from home or any other place whenever they feel like doing so.
- These technologies can be used for training purposes too. Students can practice various techniques using AR applications, which will make it easier for them to implement these techniques while designing garments during training.
“Bleed-edge fashion” will be driven by a tension between creative expression and technology. It’s risky but ultimately rewarding. It will be driven by academia and individuals that want to push their own creative boundaries. It will be about the collaborative experience – about taking initiative and making things happen.
We believe that fashion is not just about clothes, it is about human expression. We strongly believe that DFD will be able to prove it, through AR, VR, and other technologies. This is going to create a new horizon for fashion designers to express their talent to future generations.
Jack Franklin is a fashion education expert who has been a part of the writing industry for many years. He is currently working as a content manager, responsible for creating and managing fashion-related content.
- Fibres and Yarns2023.03.25Added To The Denim Bargain Is Haelixa
- Event Calendar2023.03.25Women in Textiles Conference by Advanced Textiles Association (ATA) Continues To Expand, Inspire, and Empower
- News & Insights2023.03.25Trevor Kennison of “Sit Ski Boss” joins the roster of athletes at Darn Tough VT.
- Environment/Ecosystem2023.03.25Statement From The Plastics Industry Association On The Biden Administration’s