The Government launched the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (AHVY) in the year 2001-2002 with a view to mobilize the artisans into Self Help Groups thrift and credit, training of Self Help Groups on various aspects of forming and running the community business enterprises for self sustainability of artisans. The salient features of the Yojana are as follows:-
- Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (Base Line Survey & Mobilization of Artisans)
- Design & Technology Upgradation
- Human Resource Development
- Direct Benefit to Artisans
- Infrastructure and Technology Support
- Research and Development
- Marketing Support & Services
During this current financial year (2019-20), the Government has taken initiative to organize campaign to educate cluster artisans about the scope of producer company, its importance for long term sustainable business development for the cluster and motivate prospective artisans/Self Help Groups members to form producer companies in various cluster areas across the country.
The Government has identified and adopted 90 clusters across the country which will also cover aspirational districts, women clusters, weaker section and export potential clusters. The objective is to transform these clusters in a time period of 3 years by ensuring self-sustainment of the Self Help Groups/artisans of these clusters.
In addition to the above, the Government organized Hastkala Sahyog Shivirs at more than 300 places all over the country for providing Aadhaar linked Pahchan card, marketing facilities, facilitating to artisans through Mudra loan and enrolment of artisans under Pradhan Mantri Jeeven Jyoti Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana for the welfare of artisans during the Hastkala Sahyog Shivirs.
The details of funds provided during the last three years, State/UT- wise under the scheme is given in Annexure-I.
Annexure – I
|State/UT wise data of fund sanctioned and artisans benefitted under Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (AHVY) (Rs. In Lakhs)|
|Fund Sanctioned||Artisans Benefitted||Fund Sanctioned||Artisans Benefitted||Fund Sanctioned||Artisans Benefitted|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||0.00||0||0.00||0||16.40||800|
|12||J & K||187.82||9870||161.14||5090||1.50||500|
- Finance & Economy2023.02.03“Union Budget for 2023-24 – Positive & Growth-Oriented”, Chairman, SRTEPC
- Finance & Economy2023.02.03Savills India’s reaction and analysis of the Union Budget for 2023–24
- Market Reports2023.02.03Market for biodegradable plastics to reach $23.3 billion by 2026.
- Corporate / SME2023.02.02Business Confidence Recuperates From The Previous Lows