The financial assistance is being provided to the eligible handloom agencies/weavers for raw materials, purchase of upgraded looms & accessories, design innovation & product diversification, infrastructure development, marketing of handloom products in domestic as well as overseas markets. Further, 100% subsidy is given to women weavers for construction of individual workshed. Kamladevi Chattopadhyay Award has been instituted specifically for women weavers. Mudra loans at concessional rates, and other measures adopted under various schematic interventions for handloom workers including women throughout the country including Telangana. To overcome the present challenges being faced by handloom workers, the Government has taken following steps Weaver Women welfare and to promote handloom sector across the country: –
- Approximately, 1.50 Lakh weavers have been on-boarded on the GeM portal. Steps have been taken to on-board weavers on Government e-Market place to enable them to sell their products directly to various Government Departments and organizations.
- 128 Handloom Producer companies have been formed in different States to enhance productivity, marketing capabilities and ensure better incomes,
- Under Concessional Credit/ Weaver MUDRA Scheme, financial assistance is provided as follows :
a. Margin money assistance
- @ 20% of loan amount, subject to maximum of Rs.25,000/- per weaver’
- 20% of loan amount, subject to maximum of Rs.20.00 lakh (@ Rs.2.00 lakh for every 100 weaver/ worker) per handloom organisation.
b. Interest subvention upto 7% for 3 years; and
c. Credit Guarantee on loans for 3 years
4. Design Resource Centres have been set up in Weavers’ Service Centres at Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati and Kancheepuram, through NIFT with the objective to build and create design-oriented excellence in the Handloom Sector and to facilitate weavers, exporters, manufacturers and designers access design repositories for sample/product improvisation and development.
5. To promote marketing of handloom products, Handloom Export Promotion Council (HEPC) has been organizing International Fairs in virtual mode. During the year 2020-21, 12 handloom fairs were organized in virtual mode. Besides, domestic marketing events were also organized in different parts of the country for the weavers to market and sell their products.
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.16Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 16th December, 2021
- Industry And Cluster2021.12.16CITI Elects New Office-Bearers for the year 2021-22
- News & Insights2021.12.16Global Smart Textiles Market Estimated to be Valued at US$ 6.6 Billion by 2026 | MarketsandMarkets™ Study
- Articles2021.12.16Can Waste Wool Replace Bubble Wrap?