Some of the prominent key players are:
- Sika (Switzerland)
- Tremco (US)
- BASF (Germany)
- Soprema (France)
- GCP applied technologies (US)
- Fosroc (UK)
- Mapei (Italy)
- Carlisle Construction Company (US)
- Johns Manville (US)
- Renolit (Germany)
COVID-19 impact on Global Waterproofing Membranes Market
The waterproofing membranes are used mainly in the construction industry. COVID-19 has severely impacted this industry.
- The lockdown in various countries and logistical restrictions have adversely impacted the construction industry. Supply chain disruptions, workforce unavailability, logistical restrictions, limited availability of components, demand drop, low company liquidity, and shutdown of manufacturing due to lockdown in various countries have adversely affected the industry. Raw material suppliers and other related businesses are forced to re-evaluate their strategies to cater to this industry during this crisis period.
- Residential and commercial construction has come to a grinding halt owing to the pandemic. Waterproofing membranes demand from this sector is expected to be low to the medium during this crisis period. Some major issues would be a delay in order shipments, supply chain restriction, manpower & equipment shortage, and material shortage. Post conclusion of this crisis, the market is expected to revive, and demand is likely to increase for the waterproofing membranes market.
- The demand for construction activities has increased in the healthcare sector, owing to the pandemic. A rise in demand for new hospitals and care institutions have provided some stability to the construction sector thus driving the waterproofing membranes market
Based on the type, the liquid-applied membranes segment is estimated to lead the overall waterproofing membranes market in 2020.
Waterproofing membranes reduce the ingress of water in a building structure. The liquid-applied membranes segment accounts for the larger share in the global waterproofing membranes market. The demand for these membranes is rising rapidly, owing to their environment-friendly properties and easy applicability. Liquid waterproofing membranes are easy to handle and replace and provide efficient waterproofing and longer lifespan of a building structure.
Based on region, APAC is estimated to lead the waterproofing membranes market in 2020.
The waterproofing membranes market in APAC is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The building structures market in APAC is driven by the growing construction industry, increased consumer spending, and strong economic growth.-