Overview of the Global Carbon Fibre Textile Market
The demand in the global carbon fibre textile market is rising due to the high demand for carbon fibre based components in various industries. Moreover, the properties of carbon fibre textile include high stiffness, high tensile strength, and high chemical resistance, which have increased its application in several industries. Low weight and a few other properties have also fueled demand in the global carbon fibre textile market.
The growing application of carbon fibre textile has increased in the aerospace and defence, wind energy, and automotive sectors. Moreover, high demand for lightweight and strong and sturdy alternative materials to be used in these industries is also expected to boost demand in the global carbon fibre textile market.
Related to the above-mentioned factors, various other parameters are also analysed in the global carbon fibre textile market report. It includes the vendor landscape focusing on the key strategies used by the leading players, segmentation, regional growth, and ongoing trends in the market. With such a diverse set of data, market participants will be able to make more informed decisions and expand their operations in the coming years.
Notable Developments in the Global Carbon Fibre Textile Market
Leading players in the global carbon fibre textile market are making significant efforts, such as investing in research and development and development of new products, that will help them to get a firm hold in the market. For an example,
- Mitsubishi Corp. completed its acquisition of ELG Carbon Fibre (ECF) and acquired a 25% share in the company. With this acquisition, MC will support marketing and sales of ECF recycled carbon fibre products. Moreover, it will also support the expansion of ECF’s recycling operations. ECF can now rely on MC to enhance their global business development and proper supply of reprocessed carbon fibre.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö glass discovered a carbon fibre-based unidirectional fabric, which runs only in one direction. This new fabric helps with laminating up to 165 layers or more in a single shot. Previously infusing carbon fibre unidirectional fabric covered only up to 120 layers. The company developed this due to the changing size and thickness of wind turbine blades.
Other players contributing to the growth of the global carbon fibre textile market include Vectorply, Sigmatex, Seartex, SGL, and Chomarat.
The Global Carbon Fibre Textile Market: Trends and Opportunities
The global carbon fibre textile market has seen a significant increase in demand for carbon fibre textiles used to manufacture structural composite parts used in aircraft. Various countries across the globe are investing in aerospace and defence to strengthen their air force, which increases the chances of growth in the global carbon fibre textile market. Furthermore, rising demand for fuel-efficient vehicles and increased use of carbon fibres in the wind energy industry are expected to drive growth in this market.
But the players need to take care of the growing cost of carbon fibre and insufficient production capability, as these factors might restrain growth in the global carbon fibre textile market. Manufacturers need to overcome these restraints in order to meet the growing demand for carbon in 3D printing and other areas.
North America holds a dominant share of the global carbon fibre textile market
Geographically, the regions covered by the global carbon fibre textile market include Latin America, North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Of these regions, North America is expected to lead the global market over the forecast tenure. This dominance is due to the presence of leading aircraft manufacturers and defence companies present in the market. Asia Pacific is also expected to hold a large number of shares in the global carbon fibre market due to increased economic development and rapid industrialization.
To know more about this research report, please visit our latest research report on:
- Articles2021.12.07Top 8 Fashion Trends For Women In 2021
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.07Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 7th December, 2021
- Events Updates2021.12.07Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition returns in March 2022
- Home Textiles2021.12.07From sustainability to minimalism: Major Home Textile Trends To Look For In 2022