Brand Name: PICANOL
Tag line: Let’s Grow Together
Interview with Mr. Erwin Devloo, Picanol Group
Introduction of Mr. Erwin Marketing Communication Manager Picanol N.V.
- What inspired you to start the company?
The company was established in the year 1936.It started with weaving machines, expanded to industries viz. Iron casting, electro mechanic components& others for the industry.
- Which segment do you focus on?
We started with air jet and rapier weaving machines and eventually moved on to customized solution. In India also we have customized solution which indicates that we are close to the customers, having our solution providing branches In Mumbai, Delhi and Coimbatore
- Could you tell us in detail, how did you expand in the export market?
The market we covered are Belgium, France, Germany, Europe, then America and then gradually to China and then India and then to far-east. We have our presence in India for more than 50 years. Initially, we were working through agent and then since past 10 years we have established our own set up to cater the need precisely.
- How has your experience been in the Indian market?
It has been very good. India is our second largest market. There is a hugetextile industry with promising scopes in India.
- What change you observed in the Indian textile industry?
Yes. Several industries are changing from old powerlooms to air jet and rapier technology and they are doing very well.
- Did you face any operational challenges in India?
Doing business is always an operational challenge and we take in a very right spirit.
- What is your fundamental base for manufacturing weaving machinery?
Our all machines are equipped with features in consideration of least energy, waste management, time, speed, down time etc. Ideally customersshould havebasic flexible machine which they can adapt from Dobby to Jacquard etc.
- Do you have any preference towards a particular kind of technology?
We focus on air jets and rapier. We do not work on water jets because they cause pollution.
- How has the company kept pace with technological upgradation?
We have a research department comprising of 120 people. They have to think new technology all the time from 4.0, new way of thinking of manufacturing based on theory of cultural reality.
- In weaving sector what will be next level of technology expected in future?
The machines with less energy, less waste, faster in speed, highly flexible with customized operation.
- What is your vision for the future?
We want to be the best weaving manufacturer in a world.
- What is your USP?
Our machines are technologically advanced. For instance, in machine there are devices which measures the time of arrival of the yarn. This leads to diminish air consumption and reducing energy cost. So cost of energy, time, man-power all reduce.
- What are your future plans?
We want to continue to serve our customer; therefore let’s grow together. It’s not about selling machine but providing customer solution to make them better.
- Do you think customer requirement is changing over period of time?
Yes, machinery started with manual operation, then automatic mode and now it is smart micro processor based.
- What is your review about ITMACH 2017 exhibition?
The exhibition has customers mainly coming from Ahmedabad and Surat.