Welspun India was the leading textile company in FY21 with total annual sales of Rs. 5,956 Cr. Vardhman Textile and Arvind Limited’s annual turnover were Rs. 5788 Cr. and Rs. 4529 Cr. Respectively. The total sales of Trident in FY21 were Rs. 4519 Cr. KPR Mill’s annual sales were worth Rs. 2953 Cr. Indo Count and RSWM sold textiles worth Rs. 2552 Cr. And Rs. 2326 Cr. The annual turnover of Filatex India in financial year 2021 were worth Rs. 2227 Cr. Nahar Spinning and Indo Rama Synthetics both company’s total sales were Rs. 2112 Cr. and Rs. 2022 Cr. In the year 2021.
Wazir Textile Index (WTI) –Q1 FY22
In Q1 FY22, the Textile Index witnessed a remarkable recovery in sales and EBITDA, surpassing the pre-Covid levels of Q1 FY20.
- When compared to Q1 FY20, overall revenues increased by 10% in Q1 FY22.
- When compared to Q1 FY20, overall EBITDA increased by 46% in Q1 FY22.
- As contrast to Q1 FY20, raw material and personnel costs have increased by 4% and 3%, respectively.
Quarterly Analysis for the Selected Top Companies
Welspun India’s total sales in Q1 FY22 increased by 10% to Rs. 1730 Cr. Sales of Vardhman Textiles climbed up to 1873 Cr. in the first quarter of FY22. On the other hand, Arvind Limited’s quarterly sales declined by 12% to Rs. 1339 Cr. in the financial year of 2022.
Trident Company’s sales which were worth Rs. 708 Cr. In FY 21 increased to Rs. 1477 Cr. during the first quarter of the year 2022 whereas the quarterly sales of KPR Mill decreased by 3%. Textile Company Indo Count has witnessed a significant growth in Q1 FY22 with total sales escalated by 26% to Rs. 738 Cr. As compared to previous years.
Companies like RSWM and Filatex India have not experienced much growth as compared to the past two years. Sales of RSWM and Filatex India as of Q1 FY22 increased by 3% and 0.1% respectively. Quarterly sales of Nahar Spinning which were worth Rs. 210 Cr. in 2021 hiked up to Rs. 738 Cr. in the correspondent period of FY22. Total Q1 sales of Indo Rama Synthetics company were worth Rs. 533 Cr. in FY20 and Rs. 118 Cr. in FY21 which climbed up to Rs. 670 Cr. by 12%.
Image Courtesy: Money Control
By Somasree Roy
- Events Updates2021.12.06SDC EC EVENT Report Friday 26th November, 2021
- In-Depth Analysis2021.12.06Cotton Yarn/Fabric Market Report – 6th December, 2021
- Apparel, Fashion & Retail2021.12.06UNIQLO JW Anderson 2021 Fall/Winter Collection
- Home Textiles2021.12.06HGH India culminated its 10th edition today at Greater Noida, India Expo Centre