BTRA announces training programme with Certification
ETP, Water recycling & Sustainable Technology
A next step towards Sustainability for textile sector …..
BTRA is organizing a training programme with certification for Cleaner Production with correct treatments in ETPs designed for environmental officials of textile mills
The in-depth training will be based on general principles for waste water management and water recycling.
We are pleased to announce about our new activity on
“GREEN TECHNOLOGY & SOLUTIONS TO ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECTS “
With an objective to develop techno commercial skills & bring awareness in Top management as well as Environmental Engineers working in Textile industry.
Book your seat in Time – Starting from First Week of Aug 2018
The training is focused on
- Effluent treatment & water recycling activity
- Cleaner production in Textile production houses.
- To Monitor & maintain ETP & water recycling system.
- To bring awareness about impact of pollution on human health & Mother earth
- To develop a system for continual improvements in discharge quality of effluent.
The course is supported by “National Environmental Engineering Research Institute” (NEERI) & “Maharashtra Pollution Control Board” (MPCB) by authenticating study material & evaluation test.
This certificate course will be of 12 working days in two segments of 6 days + 6 days & will cover basics of Green technology, Water recycling & Effluent treatment plant. The participant will be updated with daily operations, reporting system with standard formats & also cost factor to run ETP & Water recycling
Training will also focus on Chemical Management System (CMS) which is basic need of textile industry. The participants will be updated on (Best Available Technology (BAT) & Bare Minimum Technology (BMT).
The participant will be evaluated through test (written & viva) & successful candidates will be will be awarded a certificate.
BTRA has also planned to concentrate on sustainability issues in the textile supply chain such as Water & energy conservation, Carbon footprint and Waste management.
The BTRA team comprises textile professionals who pool in all expertise in their respective fields to give holistic & comprehensive solutions to all issues related to ecological impact of the textile operations.
At BTRA, we provide a basket of services such as Training, Process House Studies, and Root Cause Analysis, Consultancy to our clients to meet the challenges in eco-compliance.
Salient features of certificate course are as under.
- Objective of the Training
To develop a team skills & bring awareness in Top management & engineers working in effluent treatment & water recycling activity of Textile industry by
- Training on Cleaner production.
- To Monitor & maintain ETP & water recycling system.
- To bring awareness about impact of pollution on human health & Mother earth & develop a system for continuous improvement.
2. scope of the Training
Bombay Textile Industries Association is a research institute in Textile field. In order towards sustainability & cleaner production activities, BTRA has taken an initiative to develop a training programme. Main focus of this training is on Effluent treatment with water recycling & cleaner production activities. The training programme is divided into two segments
- Training for ETP operators/ Chemists.
- Training for Sr. Management / Decision makers
This training will be based on sharing of knowledge with trainees & interaction with field experts. Duration of training will be 2 man days & will cover basics of effluent treatment & water recycling. The participant will be updated with daily actual operating, reporting system & also cost reduction techniques. Basic information’s legal requirements along with BAT & BMT will be discussed.
A. Basic course (Training for Engineers) : –
Content of the 72 – Hours certificate course (in two steps 6 days with test & 6 days with final test)
- Basics of pollution & pollutants, General idea of treatment in ETP.
- Details of each section of ETP, Quality norms as per regulatory authority. Check points in ETP & impact of pollutants on human being & nature.
- Details of Removal process for pollutants. Know basic words – COD, BOD, DO, pH, MLSS, MLVSS, Calculation of Retention time. Know your Effluent & ETP. Assessment of your ETP. Various sections of ETP & retention time.
- Visit to ETP/RO/MEE & Q & A by participants
- Various tests, & procedure of testing (Practical) & Treatability study Problem solving, Recap of primary/secondary & Tertiary treatment in ETP. Water Balance in industry. Q & A by Participants, Reporting – MIS
- Written Test 1
- Water recycling requirements & various equipment’s used in WRP. Process flow for recycle process – Membrane technology. Effluent quality requirement for Membrane safety. What is membrane & Membrane fouling & how to safeguard Membrane life.
- Multi Effect Evaporator & its sections, Quality of salt generated & Reuse
- Costing in ETP & water recycling. Cost reduction techniques in Water recycling activity.
- Chemical Management System (CMS) for cleaner production & compliance. Implementation of CMS in factory.
- Sustainability, Best Available Technology (BAT) & Bare Minimum Technology (BMT) in Textile industry.
- Evaluation Test (Written & Viva)
B. Advance Course (Training to Sr. Management & Decision makers) :-
The course will provide information’s on new developments on water recycling & cleaner production.
Contents of the 12 -hour (2 days) course:
- Introduction of CMS – procedure to implement in plant.
- Legal Issues, Introduction to process / ETP Flowcharts
- Saving on Natural resources.
- Basic First Aid & Fire Fighting Training & OHS – Occupational Health & safety.
- Review using case-studies
- Water recycling / costing / MIS
- BAT & BMT
4. Evaluation Tests (Only for Basic course)
After in-depth training programme of 12 days, it is essential to conduct evaluation tests
Every participant will be evaluated twice during training period.
o Preliminary test – This test will be a written test to judge the basic learning by participant.
o Certification test- This test will be written & viva taken by industrial experts & will evaluate the completeness of techno-commercial aspects of candidate.
After completion of training programme, every candidate will receive a certificate of successful completion of training with score.
6. Charges of course & certification
The training programme will be a non-residential basis. Total 12 days training will include
o Skill development on subject matter.
o Lunch with Breakfast & tea.
o Industry visit (transportation included)
o Practical on laboratory testing
o Certification on successful completion of training.
Total charges will be INR – 20000/- per person
Discount on multiple participation:-
Three or more candidates per facility will get 15% discount.
BTRA BELIEVES IN SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH EXCELLENCE