In Uruguay, the textiles industry is a traditional production and export sector. Wool industrialization processes were in operation as long ago as the end of the nineteenth century. From its earliest days the industry has been characterized by family enterprises that focus primarily on the processing of wool, and has been oriented to the domestic market. The clothing sector developed at a later stage, during the import substitution period, and at first it was also geared to the domestic market. The sector is made up of firms that vary in terms of market orientation and type of product. The clothing sector is an example of a global chain led by the customers.

Statistics from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry Processing Export Commission show that due to the strong momentum of economic growth in Paraguay at the beginning of (2014), accelerating the pace of outsiders to invest in processing exports in Paraguay, it is expected to continue to expand and grow.

The total value of investment incentives is up to 250 million 69 thousand and 115 US dollars, a sharp increase of 57% compared with the same period in 2013, and a record high of 57%.

In December 2014, the export volume of Paraguay processed products was $19 million 376 thousand and 649, a sharp increase of 73% compared with the US $11 million 220 thousand and 20 in 2013.

South Korea is still a common city, such as Brazil and Argentina, accounting for 83% of the total value of processing exports in the same month, and the remaining 17% are sold to countries such as Thailand, Indonesia, Chile, the United States, Vietnam and France, especially automobile spare parts.


In 2014, the main processing export products of Paraguay were auto parts (27.8%), textile garments (20.5%), leather and leather products (19%), plastic products (12%) and other products.

The report also pointed out that Paraguay’s export processing industry (Maquila) flourished in recent years, and the main export markets were members of the southern common market. Paraguay’s processing export industry was 95% for outsiders, most of which came from Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay.

Over the years, the Paraguay processing export industry commission has approved 75 businesses, including 49 operators.


According to statistics from the Ministry of Commerce and industry of Paraguay, the industry has created 8618 people with direct employment (3220 in 2014, 146% in 2013 compared with 1308 in 2013).

Paraguay is an attractive country for investment and processing exports, meaning that Paraguay has become an international investment potential for OEM industry.

The total investment of the project center is 24 million 355 thousand and 100 yuan, of which 3 million yuan is the provincial special finance and science and Technology Fund.

The new material and functional laboratory is more than 2000 square meters, and the purchase of 20 sets of large instruments and equipment has formed the functional evaluation and R & D and engineering ability of industrial textiles design and R & D, high-performance fiber structure and performance research, special industrial textiles (including high temperature tail gas filtration, flame retardance, thermal protection, antistatic, electromagnetic protection, thermal wet comfort, etc.).


The engineering center has carried out research on the functional design and development of industrial textiles, research and development of high temperature tail gas filtration materials, high-performance fiber (high strength high modulus polyethylene fiber, aramid fiber, special glass fiber, polytetrafluoroethylene fiber) structure and properties, and has obtained 37 authorized invention patents, won 1 first-class national science and technology progress awards, and 19 provincial and ministerial awards.

Undertake 4 national level projects, 11 provincial and ministerial level projects.


The responsible comrades of the Shaanxi Provincial Department of Education said that the acceptance of the project center plays an important role in promoting the structural adjustment, revitalization and industrial upgrading of the national and provincial textile industry, upgrading the industrial technology level, and researching, developing and producing industrial textiles.