CONTRIBUTION OF TEXTILES:
- Investment in the Primary Textile Sector: over 4.5 billion US$.
- Value addition in knit & woven RMG are over 70% & 35% respectively.
- The textile sector contributes more than 12% of GDP.
- Over 81% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
- Around 90% yarn demand for knit RMG & 35-40% yarn demand for woven RMG are met by the Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Local fabric demand & the yarn demand for handloom are also met by the Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Backward & Forward linkage industries provide employment for more than 5 million people where 80% are female.
- PTS industries produce around 1200 MW power through Captive Generator.
- Generate huge cliental base for Banking, Insurance, Shipping, Transport, Hotel, Cosmetics, and Toiletries & related economic activities.