The Centre for Print Research (CFPR) is excited to announce the Future Textiles Conference 2023 in Bristol and Online, 28 February – 2 March 2023, focusing on Future Clothing for the Next Generation.
The conference will have varied speakers from across the industry. Keynote speakers include Professor Sir Konstantin Novoselov FRS from the National University of Singapore (NUS), who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics in 2010 for isolating graphene at The University of Manchester in 2004. He is an expert in condensed matter physics, mesoscopic physics, and nanotechnology.
Other confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Prof Stephen Russell, Leeds Institute for Textiles and Colour (LITAC), University of Leeds
- Prof Jane Harris, Business of Fashion, Textiles & Technology (BFTT), London College of Fashion
- Mr James Baker CEng FIET FRSA, CEO- Graphene@manchester, University of Manchester
- Gulshun Ara Munni, H&M
- Prof Chris Carr, Leeds Institute for Textiles and Colour (LITAC), University of Leeds
- Prof Stephen Eichhorn, University of Bristol
- Prof Zijian Zheng, Institute of Textile and Clothing at Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Professor Melik Demirel, Penn State University, USA
- Anne Marr, University Arts London (UAL)
- Dr Jun Chen, UCLA.
- Prof Parikshit Goswami, University of Huddersfield
- Prof Stephen Beeby, University of Southampton
This in-person and virtual three-day conference will also explore answers to key questions, such as:
- Can our clothing be the next generation artificially intelligent computer that can be used for personalised healthcare?
- Can digital manufacturing revolutionise the way we manufacture our clothing?
- Can future textiles be sustainable with positive social, environmental, and economic impacts?
More information on the conference can be found on the conference website: Future Textiles Conference
If you’d like to be part of this conference either by presenting a paper / poster of your research or just being present to hear the exciting new developments in this field – please either register to attend or submit your abstract using one of the links below.
Call for abstracts is now live – deadline for submissions is midnight GMT 30th November 2022 : Submit an abstract
Registration is now open – early bird rates close at midnight GMT 20th December 2022 : Register here.
Please email email@example.com with queries, or to join the conference mailing list.
- Finance & Economy2023.03.18Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Smart Account
- Events Updates2023.02.27ABWA Students Showcase Their Artistic Talent And Dedication To Community Service Through Successful Fundraising Events
- Research&Technology2023.02.25hycuTEC the focus of many discussions at the FILTECH trade fair
- Market Reports2023.02.25Electric Vehicle Fluids Market worth USD 8,644 million by 2030