As per Future Market Insights recent market analysis, the agricultural fabrics market is anticipated to attain a value pool of US$ 15 billion by 2023-end. Global demand for agricultural fabrics is expected to rise at a CAGR of 4.4% to US$ 23 billion by 2033.
Agricultural Fabrics are crucial in meeting the need for Higher Crop Yields
- Need for higher crop yields: Agricultural fabrics are designed to improve crop yields by optimizing the growing conditions of plants. This factor is crucial in areas where land is scarce, and farmers need to maximize the use of the available space to increase yields. Agricultural fabrics help in this regard by providing protection and support to crops, which ultimately leads to higher yields.
- Growing awareness about environmental concerns: With increasing awareness about environmental concerns, farmers are increasingly adopting sustainable agricultural practices. Agricultural fabrics can be used to reduce the need for pesticides and other harmful chemicals, leading to more environmentally-friendly farming practices. This driver is expected to continue to shape the Agricultural Fabrics Market in the future.
Urban Farming trend creates opportunities for Agricultural Fabrics Market
- Increasing demand for organic and sustainable farming practices: With the growing awareness about environmental concerns and health consciousness, the demand for organic and sustainable farming practices is increasing. Agricultural fabrics offer a sustainable and environmentally-friendly solution for crop protection, which can help to meet this demand.
- Expansion of the global agricultural sector: The expansion of the global agricultural sector, particularly in developing countries, presents an opportunity for the Agricultural Fabrics Market. Agricultural fabrics can help to improve crop yields and protect crops in regions with harsh weather conditions, leading to increased demand for these fabrics.
- Increasing popularity of urban farming: Urban farming is gaining popularity as people seek to produce their food and reduce their carbon footprint. Agricultural fabrics can be used in urban farming to protect crops and improve yield, making them an opportunity for the Agricultural Fabrics Market. As more people adopt urban farming practices, the demand for agricultural fabrics is likely to increase.
Automation and robotics shaping the Agricultural Fabrics Market
- Increasing adoption of precision agriculture techniques: Precision agriculture techniques, such as smart irrigation and drone technology, are becoming increasingly popular in the agricultural sector. Agricultural fabrics can be integrated with these technologies to improve crop yield and reduce waste, leading to increased demand for these fabrics.
- Demand for specialized fabrics: As the agricultural sector becomes more specialized, there is a growing demand for specialized fabrics that meet the unique needs of different crops and farming practices. This trend is expected to continue in the agricultural fabrics market, with fabric manufacturers developing specialized products for specific crops and farming practices.
- Increasing use of automation and robotics: The use of automation and robotics in the agricultural sector is growing, with farmers using automated machines to plant, water, and harvest crops. Agricultural fabrics can be integrated with these technologies to improve efficiency and reduce costs, making them a trend to watch in the agricultural fabrics market.
- Growth of vertical farming: Vertical farming is a growing trend in the agricultural sector, particularly in urban areas where space is limited. Agricultural fabrics can be used in vertical farming systems to protect crops and improve yield, making them an essential component of this trend. The growth of vertical farming is expected to drive the demand for agricultural fabrics in the coming years.
What is Driving Demand for Agricultural Fabrics
The benefits of the agricultural fabrics market are increased crop production, avoiding the soil from drying out, and decreased requirement for fertilizers, pesticides, and water.
Agricultural fabrics can be classified into woven, nonwoven and knitted fabrics applied for agricultural and horticultural uses covering livestock protection, shading, weed and insect control, and extension of the growing season. The essential properties required are Strength, elongation, stiffness, porosity, bio-degradation, resistance to sunlight, and resistance to toxic environments.
Food Crops to Remain a key Segment for the Consumption of Agricultural Fabrics
The demand for organic and naturally-derived snacks is increasing around the globe, reflecting a marked change in consumption trends around the world.
Agricultural fabrics such as capillary mats and mulch nets are witnessing steadily climbing demand as farmers struggle to increase their agricultural yield to meet the high food demand in urban sprawls.
Moreover, market growth is being further accelerated by supportive government policies, especially in developing countries, promoting sustainable agriculture practices and the use of modern technologies to improve productivity in agriculture.
USA and Canada Agricultural Fabrics Market Outlook
The market in North America is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period, which can be attributed to a rise in product demand for high-quality agricultural products.
A positive outlook for agriculture and aquaculture is projected to uplift the regional market over the forecast period.
Growing awareness about nutritional diets is expected to promote the demand for dietary supplements, which is likely to increase fish consumption. This will boost product demand, thereby supporting regional market growth.
The market faces numerous challenges in coping with the complexity of manufacturing processes, higher production costs, and fluctuating prices of raw materials, such as nylon, polyester, and wool.
Technological developments and R&D investments for developing novel technologies are expected to offer ample scope for market growth over the forecasted period.
Asia Pacific Demand Outlook for Agricultural Fabrics
Asia-Pacific is a prominent market for these fabrics given the extensive agricultural production activities of many developing economies of the region.
The main reason for the region’s preeminent position in the market is the excessive reliance of the developing economies of India and China on agriculture.
Added to this is the high population of these and other countries in the region, which has exacerbated the need for greater agricultural productivity.
As a result, the demand for new-age materials and tools such as Agro textiles in the farming sector is expected to soar in the forthcoming years.
Who are the Key Manufacturers and Suppliers of Agricultural Fabrics
Some of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Agricultural Fabrics include
- Zhongshan Hongjun Nonwovens Co. Ltd.
- Hy-Tex Limited
- Belton Industries
- Beaulieu Technical Textiles
- B&V Agro Irrigation Co.
- Neo Corp International Limited
- Meyabond Industry & Trading Co., Ltd.
- Tama SRF Limited and many others.
- News & Insights2023.06.03SEI Laser to Unveil Cutting-Edge Laser Systems at ITMA Trade Fair
- News & Insights2023.06.03Yamuna’s Eco Roto Wash for Knits and Lycra Fabrics
- Fibres and Yarns2023.06.03The “19th Dhaka International Yarn And Fabric Exhibition 2023—Winter Edition”, By CEMS-Global USA and CCPIT-TEX Ends On A High Note
- In-Depth Analysis2023.06.03RECENT ADVANCES IN TEXTILE SCIENCE AND APPAREL DESIGN