Mumbai, January 27, 2021: Bella Casa, a leading emerging markets company in the fashion industry, announced its financial results for the quarter and nine months ended December 31, 2020.
3QFY21 FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE SUMMARY:
- 3QFY21 consolidated constant currency sales increased by 39% YOY to Rs 53.68 Cr.
- India business sales growth of 39% YOY, maintaining the same level of operating profitability.
- International business sales growth of 33% YOY, on a constant currency basis
- 3QFY21 consolidated constant currency EBITDA increased by 38 % YOY to Rs 6.3 Cr.
- 3QFY21 consolidated net profit and EPS (without exceptional items) increased by 69% YOY to Rs 4.01 cr and Rs 3.5 per share, respectively.
- The board has declared an interim dividend of 6 % (INR 60 paisa per share)
Commenting on the financial performance of 3Q FY2021, Mr Saurav Gupta, CEO, said:
“During the third quarter of the fiscal year 2021, we have delivered competitive and profitable growth, while continuing to make healthy investments in marketing and creating new capacities. This quarter was our best third quarter ever, and we believe that the worst is behind us. Our comparable sales increased by 39% while EBITDA growth was robust at 38%, in constant currency terms.
Going forward, as the market conditions improve even further, we will focus on the new product launches and enhanced distribution to build on the growth momentum. Overall, we are relentlessly focused on becoming more agile, increasing the pace of innovations, enhancing our go-to-market approach, and will continue to outperform the market and deliver industry-leading returns.”
KEY HIGHLIGHTS/FUTURE PLANS
- Historically, the best third quarter for Bella Casa since its inception.
- Volume growth in line with plans for capacity expansion and new market penetration
- Innovation led to market outperformance, and the company plans to capitalise on this momentum in the upcoming quarter.
ABOUT Bella Casa Fashion & Retail Ltd:
Bella Casa Fashion & Retail Ltd (BCFRL) is one of India’s largest manufacturers and distributors of chic home textile products and designer ethnic wear. The Jaipur based company has been in the business since the ‘90s and with consistent effort, has now become a household name with its superior quality products. Bella Casa has a varied product line, including bed sheets, quilts, and dohars in the bed linen category under ‘Bella Casa – Home Furnishings; and trendy Indian Wear for men under the brand ‘Nayak’ and women under the brand ‘Indigo’ – in its apparel category. The company has a massive annual production capacity of 12 million pieces. “Bella Casa” has a network of 80 authorised dealers/wholesalers and reaches out to around 3000 retailers across the country. The company also has a robust online presence through its platform (www.bellacasa.in) & associations with e-commerce companies like Flipkart, Amazon, & Ajio.
Amongst today’s cash guzzling startups, BCFRL is a story of a bootstrapped start-up in the consumer brand space, which has grown consistently to attain a leadership position in its category and has always remained profitable. Now listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the company has an annual turnover of Rs165 Cr (2019-20) and a strong workforce of 2500 employees across its plants and offices. Bella Casa envisions becoming one of the most admired and successful fashion companies in India. With a strong focus on building innovative designs, following best manufacturing practices, and enhancing distribution to every nook and corner of the country, its goal is to become a market leader in India. As part of its innovation first approach, Bella Casa had also licensed international brands such as Disney, Marvel, and Hallmark Design Collection in India for their superior range of bed linen in the recent past.