WRA’s Centre of Excellence for Sportech has developed advanced coverall suits for COVID Warriors, as per the criteria specified by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The newly developed PPE coverall has higher level of comfort in terms of moisture vapour transmission rate (breathability) and air permeability and can be used up to 10 wash cycles.
• Special eco-friendly coating formulation developed in collaboration with M/s Archroma India Private Limited, was used on polyester fabric which provides exceptional breathability [Water vapour resistance (RET=11), ISO 11092:2014], softness and comfort to wearer which is the advantageous feature over other commercially available PPE coveralls.
• Developed product complies to Blood Penetration test method ISO 16603 as per therequirements of MoHFW.
• Spray test rating of outer surface of coverall is 100, indicating excellent water repellency therefore it can offer protection to wearer during rainy season.
• It can be reused Ten times; hence economically viable as compared to others.
• Project Investigator Ms. Smita Bait, Shishir Tyagi and Mayur Basuk, WRA have developed this reusable breathable PPE coverall under supervision of Ms. Seema Patel. Wool Research Association (WRA), Thane is also exploring innovative usage of developed PPE coverall for Police (Traffic police), Health workers, cleaning workers, Railway Staff etc.
For further details Contact: [email protected] Tel 022-25868109/8398